All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 19, 2017, 07:39:11 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 19, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
Dublin and Mayo served up an absolute classic. The work and dedication to the game that those players have put in is a credit to them. I was gutted for Mayo but buzzing the whole way home having witnessed two sets of warriors going hell for leather to win. Reading this thread would depress the hole off ye though
I have noticed reading your posts on here for a Derry man you have a lot love for Mayo. Out of interest what is your connection with Mayo some family there?

A very close friend and holidays in Mulranny..sure whats not to love about the hoors?

mrhardyannual

Quote from: JoG2 on September 19, 2017, 09:23:40 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 19, 2017, 07:39:11 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 19, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
Dublin and Mayo served up an absolute classic. The work and dedication to the game that those players have put in is a credit to them. I was gutted for Mayo but buzzing the whole way home having witnessed two sets of warriors going hell for leather to win. Reading this thread would depress the hole off ye though
I have noticed reading your posts on here for a Derry man you have a lot love for Mayo. Out of interest what is your connection with Mayo some family there?

A very close friend and holidays in Mulranny..sure whats not to love about the hoors?

Obviously a man of great discernment ;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Mac2

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on September 19, 2017, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 19, 2017, 07:05:13 PM
On Keegan, he did what he had to do, if it had worked I'd have been delighted and there'd have been uproar but can anyone honestly say they wouldn't like their team to do the same? So when I see the Dublin  lads pulling us down all over the field I can't complain either. Both are examples of cheating and both are what needs to be done to win games some times. Every team does it.

Fair play to you for being honest. Honestly my estimation of Keegan went up for his doing that. Classless sure, but he showed a desire to win by doing that far more than any other Mayo man on the pitch did.
Couldn't laud Keegan for doing that, it was low and proves nothing about his desire to win more than other Mayo players.

Bord na Mona man

I can't see why there is such a reaction to Keegan throwing the GPS tracker. If Rock didn't see it, then it made no difference. If it put him off and he missed, then McQuillan could have ordered a retake and probably moved it up.
You'd swear he gobbed a big green ball of phlegm in Rock's face with some of the reactions on social media and over on reservoirdubs - sc**bag, p***k etc.

I remember Mikey Sheehy telling yarns about how a tuft of grass would thrown across his eyeline back in the day when he lined up a free. Keegan's act is in a similar ballpark to Tommy 'Tom' Carr going alongside Maurice Fitzgerald's for that famous equaliser in 2001 and giving him appraisal of where his career was currently at.

It might be high time to cater for it in the rule book.
On a similar note, something should also be done about cynical acts like kicking away spare footballs and preventing quick kick outs. Forget black card nonsense which is never a useful sanction in injury time. The concession of a 20 metre free in front of goal would be a better deterent.
Perhaps all black cards after the 60th minute should come with the added sanction of a 20 metre free.

INDIANA

Just be thankful lads you were alive to see the greatest football team of them all.

ONeill

Keegan went up in my estimation over the GPS thing. Winners try anything to get an advantage in a massive game and anyone close to the Tyrone teams in the 2000s in those 3 All Irelands will tell you just as much. Anyone who thinks they're won by sheer good footballing shouldn't be near it. Witness O'Gara who tired to gouge a lad yet the furore is over a GPS.

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2017, 11:16:18 PM
Keegan went up in my estimation over the GPS thing. Winners try anything to get an advantage in a massive game and anyone close to the Tyrone teams in the 2000s in those 3 All Irelands will tell you just as much. Anyone who thinks they're won by sheer good footballing shouldn't be near it. Witness O'Gara who tired to gouge a lad yet the furore is over a GPS.

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

Some of the greatest players and men who ever player the sport never lowered themselves to Keegan's antics, nevermind Tyrone's.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: INDIANA on September 19, 2017, 10:38:11 PM
Just be thankful lads you were alive to see the greatest football team of them all.
Hmmm, I'd say a lot of contributors here weren't born when Mick O'Dwyer was in charge of Kerry.

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 11:21:04 PM

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

Some of the greatest players and men who ever player the sport never lowered themselves to Keegan's antics, nevermind Tyrone's.

I'd imagine, and might be guessing, that you haven't a clue what goes on on a field.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2017, 11:22:49 PM

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

I'd imagine, and might be guessing, that you haven't a clue what goes on on a field.

You'd be wrong. Trying to use your own experience and those of whom you know as anything but anecdotal evidence is a mistake more than a few here make.

sid waddell

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2017, 11:22:49 PM

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

John Tennyson threw a hurley at full force at Lar Corbett in the 2010 final and barely a word was said about it. That was a far worse incident than Keegan's, which you'd have to admire for its ingenuity.

Hill16 Blues

This site is inhabited by a small number of fair minded, balanced individuals but in the main by a bunch of hate filled cnuts! its hard to work out which particular group here is worse, the bitter, chip on the shoulder Northern haters or the desperate delusional Mayo Dub hating contingent?? Always someone else's' fault. Always an excuse no matter how you fcuk up yourselves. Denial lads - it ain't a bleedin river in Egypt 😀

I suppose it doesn't matter a fcuk! It's just brilliant and an honour to bear witness to this Dublin team, the way they play the game, the skill, the mental resolve and their pure never say die ability to win tough football matches. And you know what lads your jealousy, hatred, pathetic small minded innuendos & lies just makes our triumphs so much the sweeter.

As we've come to say in Dublin GAA circles fcuk the haters and most definitely fcuk the begrudgers! See y'all again in 12 months COYBIB! #4inarow

sid waddell

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on September 19, 2017, 11:38:08 PM
This site is inhabited by a small number of fair minded, balanced individuals but in the main by a bunch of hate filled cnuts! its hard to work out which particular group here is worse, the bitter, chip on the shoulder Northern haters or the desperate delusional Mayo Dub hating contingent?? Always someone else's' fault. Always an excuse no matter how you fcuk up yourselves. Denial lads - it ain't a bleedin river in Egypt 😀

I suppose it doesn't matter a fcuk! It's just brilliant and an honour to bear witness to this Dublin team, the way they play the game, the skill, the mental resolve and their pure never say die ability to win tough football matches. And you know what lads your jealousy, hatred, pathetic small minded innuendos & lies just makes our triumphs so much the sweeter.

As we've come to say in Dublin GAA circles fcuk the haters and most definitely fcuk the begrudgers! See y'all again in 12 months COYBIB! #4inarow
Every time a team wins an All-Ireland, it doesn't matter what county it is, you see a paranoia-filled message like this on some internet message board or other.

And they don't stop getting any more cliched or boring.

And that's from a Dub.