Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Colm Kavanagh should have got the line there.

balladmaker

Tyrone's mistake was beating Armagh ... awful showing today from Tyrone so far.

punt kick

Zulu

Tyrone poorer than I thought though how anyone felt they were an All Ireland contender is bizarre. Nevertheless, it's their system which is the big problem. They are playing a defunct system that was found out years ago. You can't win an All Ireland playing 14 back anymore.

Itchy

What a schooling do far. Tyrones vaunted mass defense busted open. What a player Con o Callaghan is.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Men against boys. Embarrassing at stages of that half.  Dublin clearly committing men forward so tyrone defense has to man mark which creating plenty of space.  Tyrone very slow along the line to do anything. No plan B?

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 27, 2017, 04:31:08 PM
I would say Tyrone need a Plan B if I was sure they had a Plan A. Mass at half time?

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Chimley

Dublin are different gravy. OCallaghan has given them direct running and finishing on top of what they already had. There's no team that are within 10 points of them on this firm.

BennyCake

Gaelic Football is officially dead. That is pure puke to look at.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Zulu on August 27, 2017, 04:40:50 PM
Tyrone poorer than I thought though how anyone felt they were an All Ireland contender is bizarre. Nevertheless, it's their system which is the big problem. They are playing a defunct system that was found out years ago. You can't win an All Ireland playing 14 back anymore.

You probably still can if the defenders are actually capable of defending. When you play 14 men back due to the defenders being incapable of defending it's a totally different game. It's also tough against a team of forwards where unlike Armagh/Down etc there are 3/4/5 forwards able to score under pressure off either foot.

Fat Angry Motorist

Tyrone embarrassed here. The Dubs could win this by 15 if they wanted.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

HiMucker

Itchy

Wouldn't matter what Tyrone did, dublin in a different league completely.

Imposerous