Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

leicester sack craig shakespeare. dont think he'll get much sympathy after the way he stabbed claudio ranieri in the back. what goes around...
nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 17, 2017, 06:39:02 PM
leicester sack craig shakespeare. dont think he'll get much sympathy after the way he stabbed claudio ranieri in the back. what goes around...

Can we say it's a tragedy?

Tony Baloney

A real comedy of errors led to him getting the boot. Hopefully it'll be much ado about nothing and all's well that ends well.

Cunny Funt

30 minutes in a good night for Premier league clubs in the Champions league so far tonight.

Maroon Manc

Premier league clubs doing a lot better in Europe, there's a good chance of someone going close on winning it this season and certainly over the next few years.

A big night for Spurs with their point and Dortmund drawing, Spurs will beat the Cypriot team at home so just need one point from Real at home or Dortmund away to qualify.

City could have been 4 or 5 up early on although Napoli were shocking in the first half, defensively all over the place and their final balls was very poor. Several times they could have been in on goal only for poor balls. Napoli very good in the 2nd half and will be disappointed not to come away with a point.

Boycey

Bilic might beat Koeman out the door..

Aaron Boone

Big Sam will have his choice of clubs.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 20, 2017, 10:01:11 PM
He'd hardly go back to West Ham after the previous stint there.

Am enjoying West Ham's current struggles, long may they continue.

Boycey

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 20, 2017, 10:07:11 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 20, 2017, 10:01:11 PM
He'd hardly go back to West Ham after the previous stint there.

Am enjoying West Ham's current struggles, long may they continue.

I don't mind West 'am but would have a good chuckle at their lovely owners if they went down and I've never quite forgiven Bilic for the Laurent Blanc thing..

Boycey

Niasse, unlucky or not?

Unlucky for me, at normal speed it looks a pen and I'm not sure super slow motion does players justice in these situations as it can be hard to see exact contact point. I thought there was enough doubt in it for them not to ban him.

Although something has to be done about diving its a bit strange that something that would only get a yellow card at the time becomes a two match ban after the event?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2017, 05:29:39 PM
Niasse, unlucky or not?

Unlucky for me, at normal speed it looks a pen and I'm not sure super slow motion does players justice in these situations as it can be hard to see exact contact point. I thought there was enough doubt in it for them not to ban him.

Although something has to be done about diving its a bit strange that something that would only get a yellow card at the time becomes a two match ban after the event?

Didn't see the incident, but the penalty has to be a deterrent, so I've no problem with it being more severe than a yellow card.  It wouldn't be equal to give him a retrospective yellow card, when the initial incident leads to a goal.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2017, 05:29:39 PM
Niasse, unlucky or not?

definitely unlucky, no doubt he went down easy but there was definite contact and theres been worse examples of diving  this season that have went unpunished. Alot of television/radio pundits seemed to jump on this one and this may have influenced the fa's decision.
Interesting to see if they dare ban someone from one the 'bigger' teams.
nil satis nisi optimum

Boycey

I saw elsewhere that they only take a case if a leads to a goal or a peno, don't know if that's true though.

laoislad

Spurs have been woeful tonight.Leicster well worth their lead here. Eriksen just missed an absolute sitter. Pity the fcuker didn't miss a few against Ireland!

Edit 2-1 now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: laoislad on November 28, 2017, 09:20:57 PM
Spurs have been woeful tonight.Leicster well worth their lead here. Eriksen just missed an absolute sitter. Pity the fcuker didn't miss a few against Ireland!

Edit 2-1 now.
3 goals in 13 Premier league games for Eriksen this season he just had one of those special nights against the Irish.