AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punt kick

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2017, 10:45:06 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 08:07:23 AM
I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

Listen ye might not like to hear this but in my opinion there is a significant element of tramps among the Tyrone and Armagh support and I base that on what I've seen over almost 30 years following football. Its time Tyrone and Armagh co boards took some responsibility and take some sort of action before someone gets seriously hurt.

And Fearon, what are train authorities supposed to do? Leave all these drunk people to fights on the train station. Perhaps they should refuse to put on trains for Tyrone and Armagh games in future.

You might not like to hear this, but from my experience, there are a serious amount of simpletons and halfwits among the Cavan support.

Absolutely true. I'll never forget a crowd of clowns in kingspan blue on the terrace in clones singing "I'd rather be a Euro than a pound", "go back to your queen", etc etc.

Terrible stuff.

First world problems!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM
I know the type T. They are anonymous from January to mid July and then turn up. As you say every county has them.

Listen ye might not like to hear this but in my opinion there is a significant element of tramps among the Tyrone and Armagh support and I base that on what I've seen over almost 30 years following football. Its time Tyrone and Armagh co boards took some responsibility and take some sort of action before someone gets seriously hurt.

And Fearon, what are train authorities supposed to do? Leave all these drunk people to fights on the train station. Perhaps they should refuse to put on trains for Tyrone and Armagh games in future.

You might not like to hear this, but from my experience, there are a serious amount of simpletons and halfwits among the Cavan support.

Absolutely true. I'll never forget a crowd of clowns in kingspan blue on the terrace in clones singing "I'd rather be a Euro than a pound", "go back to your queen", etc etc.

Terrible stuff.

It actually looks like there is something wrong/they are not all there with many Cavan fans though (not sure what the PC term is).
Need to take this into account

Cavan people look like they like to stick to themselves if you know what I mean.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 07, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
If ever there was a convincing argument for a tiered championship Saturdays match was it. A team alternating between the top of Div 3 and the bottom of Div 2 got well and truly spanked. A tiered championship as in hurling will produce better games and teams competing at their own level. It is clear that you need to be in Div 1 or at least the top of Div 2 to compete for Sam. On that showing Armagh are years away from challenging for Sam. If Tyrone had been playing anyone else I would have sat back and admired the ruthlessly efficient manner in which they dispatched Armagh. I hope they go on to win it. On the drink issue, there is an element from Portadown/Lurgan who bring shame on the county when we get to these types of games. Some other Counties have an element like this also.

Frankly that is balls. There is 3/4 teams that can win Sam.
The rest of Div 1 and top of Div 2 have no chance.
Remind me who won Div 2 and what happened them in cship?
Did I say win? I said compete!

RedHand88

Quote from: punt kick on August 07, 2017, 11:19:13 AM

Terrible stuff.

First world problems!

Like fighting on trains the chants had no place at a GAA match.

Taylor

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 07, 2017, 11:20:22 AM
If ever there was a convincing argument for a tiered championship Saturdays match was it. A team alternating between the top of Div 3 and the bottom of Div 2 got well and truly spanked. A tiered championship as in hurling will produce better games and teams competing at their own level. It is clear that you need to be in Div 1 or at least the top of Div 2 to compete for Sam. On that showing Armagh are years away from challenging for Sam. If Tyrone had been playing anyone else I would have sat back and admired the ruthlessly efficient manner in which they dispatched Armagh. I hope they go on to win it. On the drink issue, there is an element from Portadown/Lurgan who bring shame on the county when we get to these types of games. Some other Counties have an element like this also.

But they arent competing?

Monaghan & Galway are perfect examples of this.

Both games over before half time

Itchy

You stay classy lads. Make light of fans punching the heads of people on a train. It's no wonder they do it as there is little condemnation within their peers. Like I said trains should not be put on till ye put a leash on your dogs.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:28:15 AM

I agree that realistically only 3 teams are likely to win, but the other Div1 teams should be capable of competing. Any way my point is that a tiered system would lead to more meaningful matches.

Taylor

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 07, 2017, 11:31:26 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:28:15 AM

I agree that realistically only 3 teams are likely to win, but the other Div1 teams should be capable of competing. Any way my point is that a tiered system would lead to more meaningful matches.

They should be competing but they arent and the top teams are pulling away even further.

After watching Saturdays games I have to tend to agree with you. Realistically Armagh/Monaghan wont be anywhere close to winning Sam in the near future.
Would it not be better to have a chance of winning meaningful silverware?

After the hammerings the players took what motivation could they possibly have to get back to the gym in Oct/Nov time?
Unless it is the image of being a county player that is more important to them

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on August 07, 2017, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 07, 2017, 01:07:51 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2017, 11:36:05 PM
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/rival-gaa-fans-brawl-belfast-13439560

A few Conor McGregor wanabees i doubt

The Buckfast Brigade does Armagh proud once again  ::)
BBC reporting a Tyrone fan punched a female Armagh fan.

I'm not saying this particular incident didn't happen as I wasn't there, but the BBC will feckin love reporting it. This was witnessed by a soccer fan in his way back from the Liverpool game apparently.
That was never a square ball!!

vallankumous

Quote from: general_lee on August 07, 2017, 10:59:07 AM

BBC reporting a Tyrone fan punched a female Armagh fan.

Are they reporting on the gender of the Tyrone fan?

punt kick

Probably boyfriend and girlfriend - there was an Armagh lad in front of me with his Tyrone girlfriend both pished as farts before the game started - her probably worse, after the penalty she was giving it large, he fucked her off and left, young love!

punt kick

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Sportacus on August 06, 2017, 08:59:11 PM
Ach yesterday was just a flop.  It was like Lurgan Celtic playing Barcelona.  The atmosphere was a disaster as everyone figured out after about ten minutes that it was over.  Literally thousands left at halftime in the Dublin game.  Very disappointing that Armagh didn't give it a go, McGeeney's comments are strange - how can a managers thoughts be so disconnected from what the players just did on the pitch ten minutes earlier. Tyrone's athleticism is impressive and they have a game plan which they implement very well.  Their forwards haven't met McMahon, Cooper etc yet and that's were they will be severely tested.

Some dicks on that road driving back up.  Flying up the inside, cutting in, causing everyone else to break, don't know how there wasn't a pile up - I saw two cars swerve to avoid a serious accident.  Sickening really that a small number of people are prepared to put lives at risk.   

Probably cyclists.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM

Terrible stuff.

It actually looks like there is something wrong/they are not all there with many Cavan fans though (not sure what the PC term is).
Need to take this into account

Cavan people look like they like to stick to themselves if you know what I mean.
For years they were the only county in Ulster with an all Ireland.  They would talk about stuff nobody in Tyrone would understand
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fat Angry Motorist

Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!