Author Topic: UK General Election 2017  (Read 46834 times)

dec

• View Profile
Re: UK General Election 2017
« Reply #1260 on: June 29, 2017, 10:11:10 PM »
Shouldn't the DUP have negotiated on this then? Surely they knew it was coming?

If the DUP try to interfere in the rules on paying for abortion in England then maybe the English parties will feel like interfering in the abortion rules in NI. This was a smart move from the DUP's point of view. "We will leave you alone if you leave us alone"

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 29, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »
Maybe, but the abortion laws with be changed here soon enough. Same as gay marriage. They'll be passed eventually. So, what have the dup gained (when they happen)?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

• Look out ol' mac is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 29, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
They maintain their lofty position of being our moral masters.  No abortions and no gays legally married on their watch. It's all about sex with the DUP, isn't it. Maybe they're the new Catholic Church. Or boys with fingers in the dyke.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

guy crouchback

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 30, 2017, 10:12:02 AM »
if there were abortion clinics in the north they would be some of  busiest in the world as 5000 woman from the south would be using them every year.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 30, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
Emma Pengelly gets a  going over in the latest issue of Private Eye. UVF flegs and "her father...a convicted terrorist".
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 01, 2017, 12:25:28 AM »
Emma Pengelly gets a  going over in the latest issue of Private Eye. UVF flegs and "her father...a convicted terrorist".

Next week it's Gerry Adams and his brother a convicted child abuser.
So what is your fncking point?
We have declared for an Irish Republic. We will live under no other law

The Subbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 01, 2017, 04:38:45 AM »

I'd imagine it's to do with the Tory party forming a government by bribing a bunch of religious fundamentalists with very close ties to terrorism and drug dealing.

What point are you trying to make ?

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 02, 2017, 07:44:35 PM »

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ivan-little-day-i-quizzed-emma-pengellys-gunrunner-dad-at-loyalist-blockade-31572599.html

This is the point....Emma's now my MP [unfortunately], her dad's "wonderful", according to her & there's pics of Robinson, in his red beret days consorting with her gun-running father, in the past, when it suited the DUP.

The DUP have tried to airbrush that side of history completely out of existence - some of us don't have such short memories.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 02, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »
The DUP is weird. I don't understand how it retained its fruitcake policies after becoming the biggest prod party in NI. Do people like Dodds and Donaldson, who in another time would be leaders in the UUP, really believe Climate change is a fraud and that a hard Brexit will benefit protestant voters?
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 02, 2017, 08:09:46 PM »
The DUP is weird. I don't understand how it retained its fruitcake policies after becoming the biggest prod party in NI. Do people like Dodds and Donaldson, who in another time would be leaders in the UUP, really believe Climate change is a fraud and that a hard Brexit will benefit protestant voters?

If you believe that the world is a few thousand years old, then anything else is possible.

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 21, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »
Do the DUP actually know what Deal they got from the tories. I feel they are going to learn a very hard lesson on dealin with the brits.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 21, 2017, 01:27:16 AM »
Do the DUP actually know what Deal they got from the tories. I feel they are going to learn a very hard lesson on dealin with the brits.

If you sup with the devil, you need a long spoon.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fat Angry Motorist

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 11, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dup-tory-deal-1-billion-worth-commons-vote-theresa-may-majority-gina-miller-conservatives-a7939991.html

The 1bn needs to be approved by a vote in Westminster and there is no date set for vote yet
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 11, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »
The DUP is set to back the Tories in a vote today on Brexit and not a penny has been handed over. I have a feeling the DUP have got a payment/promises under the table.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
If only there were some Irish MPs who could go in there and vote agen it.  Oh wait...