Laois U-21 Football 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, December 07, 2016, 05:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoisguy

Quote from: SCFC on January 17, 2017, 07:51:40 PM
Quote from: the sash on January 17, 2017, 05:09:45 PM
Find it hard to believe that my own club man sean byrne wasn't even in for a trial with the u21's. Probably one of better county minors n two years of senior club football behind him
Strange alright. Fine player.

I have only seen Byrne in the minor games to be fair....my opinion would be that his workrate is a bit lacking...gassed very early against Offaly and Kildare especially Offaly. A huge amount of ball came straight through his channel

Junior Ex Laoistalk

"Peter McNulty" U21 Football Tournament Fixtures

Wed. 25th. January
Semi-Finals

Loughgeorge     19:45     Galway v Clare
Gaelic Grounds  19:45     Limerick v Laois

Shield Semi-Finals 

Hawkfield          19:45     Kildare v Carlow
Dr Morris Park   19:45     Tipperary v Wexford – Date TBC by both Counties

Sun. 29th. January
Final 
Stradbally         14:00     Winner Galway / Clare v Winner Limerick / Laois

Shield Final
Venue tbc         14:00     Winner Kildare / Carlow v Winner Tipperary / Wexford

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Giovanni

Anyone know how u-21s got on last night?

redsetanta

They were beaten by 5 points, 1-08 to 0-06.  Limerick went 7 points up at one stage in the first half and Laois never got within 3 points of them.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

OTF

Quote from: redsetanta on January 26, 2017, 03:53:12 PM
They were beaten by 5 points, 1-08 to 0-06.  Limerick went 7 points up at one stage in the first half and Laois never got within 3 points of them.

Doesn't sound good

Laoisguy

Seems to be quite a young side .....Are they working towards u20's?

Moore has a hamstring, missing quite a few others too so wouldn't look into it in huge detail....Players were missing

redsetanta

Yeh, looking at the programme page that was posted on twitter there were 3 or 4 named that didn't start. Name crossed out and sub number written above it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

I think they're an average team. Unlikely to trouble Kildare/Dublin. Best we can hope for is a few senior prospects.

Laoisguy

u21's playing Tipp tonight not sure time or venue

Mock

Laois u-21 playing in Portlaoise centre of excellence @ 7.30