A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Sure apart from 60mph speed limit as opposed to Motorway,70mph,it is a Motorway for all intents and purposes

Eamonnca1

You can ride a bike or drive a tractor on it and the speed limit is 60mph. It ain't no motorway, boyo.

T Fearon

Near enough.Not feasible to spend millions and millions to make it a Motorway,too many turn offs to small villages etc.

heganboy

Tony,
at some point you're going to have to cop yourself on. No matter how much you try to make it appear differently your religion and economic approaches toile are very similar. All faith, and no substance...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

punt kick

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 13, 2017, 09:07:42 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 13, 2017, 08:33:42 PM
Our infrastructure has been way ahead of the South since our motorways were built in the 1960s

That's nice. Any progress on getting the Banbridge dual carriageway upgraded to a motorway? It's the only stretch of the Belfast-Dublin road that is not motorway and it's in the north.

Wtf do you care, sure you abandoned Ireland, stick to the freeways kiddo.

Applesisapples

Our infrastructure has been way ahead of the South since our motorways were built in the 1960s
Great motorways built to anywhere but where they were needed and at British Taxpayers expense. You can spew all the old unionist rhetoric you like, but the fact is the Republic warts and all has done a good job of standing on its own two feet compared to the economic basket case that is this sectarian cess pit you call your wee country. Reports in yesterdays press are stating that the limited growth of companies in NI is due to its proximity to the burgeoning ROI economy.

Fat Angry Motorist

WUM
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

T Fearon

I am not claiming the North is better.It requires British money to sustain it,just as the South requires EU money,which funded the great infrastructural improvements.Neither North or South is independent,or has sovereign control,nor would a United Ireland have.That's the point I'm trying to make

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2017, 10:15:37 AM
I am not claiming the North is better.It requires British money to sustain it,just as the South requires EU money,which funded the great infrastructural improvements.Neither North or South is independent,or has sovereign control,nor would a United Ireland have.That's the point I'm trying to make

Erm... yeah, this is lies.  As a supposed catholic you shouldn't be telling these.

T Fearon

So the South doesn't get billions of the EU? I remember Albert Reynolds well over 20 years ago boasting of the £8bn package he'd negotiated with the EU. Up to then the whole of Cavan was notorious for potholes

Rossfan

The sovereign 26 Counties voted to join the EU in 1972 or whenever.
If we ever leave it will be because we voted to leave.
The 6 Cos votes to stay in the EU but won't be let.
Tony still stuck in 1992 when we were a poorer EU Country and got the famous Structural and Infrastructural Funds spread over 9 years.
We are no longer one of the poorer ones and now contribute to help the  poorer States in the East.
Great to be part of a mutual self help outward looking Co -op of Sovereign States.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 13, 2017, 09:14:44 PM
You can ride a bike or drive a tractor on it and the speed limit is 60mph. It ain't no motorway, boyo.

The speed limit on a Dual Carriageway is 70 mph

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/speed-limits/
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on September 14, 2017, 10:34:30 AM
So the South doesn't get billions of the EU? I remember Albert Reynolds well over 20 years ago boasting of the £8bn package he'd negotiated with the EU. Up to then the whole of Cavan was notorious for potholes

'The south' is a net contributor to the EU.  As you've already been told.  You contended that it 'requires' EU money to survive.  Which is bullshit.

Sometimes I wonder if you are actually sane or not.

T Fearon

The point is that without EU subventions the South would still be an exporter of people and very little else.Less than 10 years ago it went bust,it has no sovereignty over its laws,immigration etc.It is in thrall to a neighbouring island's decision to leave the EU.These are not the hallmarks of a truly independent self financing nation.

Don't get me wrong.I admire the innovation down South (Ryanair etc) and the ability to get things done,but it is not a truly independent nation sadly.

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2017, 11:02:59 AM
The sovereign 26 Counties voted to join the EU in 1972 or whenever.
If we ever leave it will be because we voted to leave.
The 6 Cos votes to stay in the EU but won't be let.
Tony still stuck in 1992 when we were a poorer EU Country and got the famous Structural and Infrastructural Funds spread over 9 years.
We are no longer one of the poorer ones and now contribute to help the  poorer States in the East.
Great to be part of a mutual self help outward looking Co -op of Sovereign States.

Of course the 6 counties won't be let. It was a UK wide vote, and that includes the 6 counties.

You almost boast about that. Seriously, why would you give a flying fcuk about poorer states in the East when the same EU screwed Ireland (and other countries) over, and will continue to do so for many years?