Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

downjim

Targetman

Oh I know but would fancy Kilcoo to win it

Lecale Gael

who for the all county minors ? burren, liatroim, clonduff ? liatroim and clonduff contested league final. must be favourites ?
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

thewobbler

Quote from: Lecale Gael on September 14, 2017, 12:08:10 PM
who for the all county minors ? burren, liatroim, clonduff ? liatroim and clonduff contested league final. must be favourites ?

Liatroim would be heavy favourites for the minor title. They're very big and athletic, and have lethal forwards. Burren will be hard to beat but wouldn't just have as much about them as Liatroim do; realistically they'd need all players on form to win. Clonduff probably wouldn't be too far off Liatroim in terms of physical size and might be more capable of challenging them. Kilcoo are tigerish like all Kilcoo teams but are a bit young and light to make a dent in the other 3 (should they even get pat the Baile Locha team... who I've no idea about.

I'd expect Clonduff will either win or be the toughest test for the winners of the u16 FC.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: thewobbler on September 14, 2017, 01:46:52 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on September 14, 2017, 12:08:10 PM

Liatroim would be heavy favourites for the minor title. They're very big and athletic, and have lethal forwards. Burren will be hard to beat but wouldn't just have as much about them as Liatroim do; realistically they'd need all players on form to win. Clonduff probably wouldn't be too far off Liatroim in terms of physical size and might be more capable of challenging them. Kilcoo are tigerish like all Kilcoo teams but are a bit young and light to make a dent in the other 3 (should they even get pat the Baile Locha team... who I've no idea about.

I'd expect Clonduff will either win or be the toughest test for the winners of the u16 FC.

yeh I see clonduff u16s are playing tonight. mite scoot up to that one
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

outinfront

Was the JFC semi final last night?

DownFanatic

Smurfy123

The Down Senior Championship is now turning into a snoozefeast with Kilcoo just cruising into the final  last without getting out of first gear.Burren also into the final which was pretty predictable.This two are ahead of the rest with Clonduff and Mayobridge the only other teams that showed a bit of pedigree this year.Crap teams playing each other makes for tight games but the results in the 2 semi finals shows how poor them teams are.I expect Kilcoo to win the final but to be pushed all the way.Burren have improved from last year but will it be evough.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 16, 2017, 07:09:56 PM
The Down Senior Championship is now turning into a snoozefeast with Kilcoo just cruising into the final  last without getting out of first gear.Burren also into the final which was pretty predictable.This two are ahead of the rest with Clonduff and Mayobridge the only other teams that showed a bit of pedigree this year.Crap teams playing each other makes for tight games but the results in the 2 semi finals shows how poor them teams are.I expect Kilcoo to win the final but to be pushed all the way.Burren have improved from last year but will it be evough.
I agree. Burren and Kilcoo streets ahead. The likes of CPN who are currently 2nd in the league are in a false position

Smurfy123

CPN Ballyholland Downpatrick Castlewellan Bryansford all good league teams but have not shown anything in championship football this past 15 years.Im maybe a bit harsh on Downpatrick who are only back in division 1 this year.Clonduff can normally mix it with the big teams and Mayobridge are never far away

whitegoodman

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 16, 2017, 07:09:56 PM

I would say Burren have regressed significantly in the last 2 - 3 years and wouldn't give them a prayer in the final.  Says a lot about the standard of club football in down.

Smurfy123

In what way whitegoodman?
Look at the players they have?
McGovern x2
Toner x2
O Hare
McArdle
McKernan
Murdock x2
Rooney
Trainor
McKay
Add in a few of them young lads unsure of names
On paper quality all over that

whitegoodman

All of them lads have been around each of the last 4 years when they have come well short against Kilcoo.

They haven't had to play well to reach the final and I havent been impressed with them all year.

downjim

The only real championship game was Burren v Bridge in QF. The rest have been shite and a rip off for paying fans.