Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I wouldn't need one for racing. Was more looking at the Ribble Gran Fondo. It's about same price as the Giant bike I posted.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerry

I have both those ribble bikes for a few years now with no issues.  It comes 99% assembled so don't let that putting you off buying one.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

I've had both bikes as well, as I said the R872 is definitely racier, but if you've no issues with a bad back it would be an easy choice imo - because the R872 is just a much better bike.

bennydorano

Eddie Dunbar is having some year of it, some of the big boys will be taking note.

gerry

He had some cycle on stage 8 and having a great season so far compared to the end of 2017.  I can't see aqua blue being about in a few years as tgey dont have the money and depend on wild card invites to grand tours to survive.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Jesus they really hate Froome. Hypocrites!

bennydorano

The hole shitstorm is a bit of a case of reaping what you sew as David Lappartient the UCI Chief allegedly facilitated the leak.

majestic

In the market for a ladies bike, helping a first timer get started on the road. Has anyone got any recommendations, looking for a good deal!

maddog

Quote from: majestic on June 30, 2018, 10:20:21 AM
In the market for a ladies bike, helping a first timer get started on the road. Has anyone got any recommendations, looking for a good deal!

specialized dolce are good entry level bikes. Look for the one with tiagra components. Other makes and models of ladies bikes are cube axial and trek lexa. Have a hunt for 2nd hand you might get a bargain that way.

illdecide

Was out for spin last night and it's hard enough cycling in that heat but when the tar on country roads are melting and your tyres are sticking to the tar/road it's just that we bit harder. U wonder how the professionals do it in that heat all the time.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on June 30, 2018, 12:50:48 PM
Was out for spin last night and it's hard enough cycling in that heat but when the tar on country roads are melting and your tyres are sticking to the tar/road it's just that we bit harder. U wonder how the professionals do it in that heat all the time.
[/quote

Drugs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: majestic on June 30, 2018, 10:20:21 AM
Do you mean a road bike or just any bike for the road?

This is a very good deal for a women's road bike  GBP750., Eur900 in ROI.
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-road-team-carbon-womens-bike-50-53-55-5cm-frames

oakleaflad

Chris Froome cleared by UCI and WADA.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me