FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

They mentioned stats. Ireland had a better points ratio wiith Hoolahan in the team. Don't recall them mentioning his age.

brady even said during the trap era Ireland don't have the technical players to keep the ball. Just defending his Italian buddy.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: stew on September 03, 2017, 08:35:24 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 03, 2017, 08:08:25 AM
Liam Brady fairly changing his tune, from defending the poor football under trapattoni and not playing Wes. Fibe years later and Hoolahan at 35 is the saviour.

Not true, they mentioned his age, that said I am absolutely perplexed by Keane, he is part of this team that has these boys playing crazy gang football in the modern era, O'Neill should be ashamed of himself as should Keane, they need to beat Serbia and they are not going to do that playing the shite football they played against the mighty Georgia.

They can do it, they are capable of it but if they get a lead again and sit back they can f**k off, I would rather they failed to reach the playoffs or the WC proper than see them on the world stage playing that dirge!

The ridiculous thing is they are not playing crazy gang football. If you are going to play hoofball have 2 big target men like Walters and Murphy and have the midfield pour forward to get to the knock downs instead we have one small guy on his own trying to chase all the punt forwards absolute madness.

rodney trotter

What football were ye expecting? Anyone who saw Georgia in Dublin would know they look a better footballing team then Ireland despite their ranking. They drew with Wales in Cardiff. Ireland struggled against them home and away,in the last qualifiers for the Euros also.

Ireland don't have the players to blitz teams. At least Wales have a match winner in Bale. Woodburn who scored last night at Liverpool looks another talent. Ireland have no players at big clubs.

T Fearon

Ironically the North of Ireland under Michael O'Neill,playing a superior brand of football,and in a group equally as tough as Ireland's,will secure runners up spot,with two games to spare,with a draw at home to Czech Republic tomorrow night.

Is the wrong M O'Neill in charge in Dublin?

An Watcher

The North have obviously the best top seed however the other teams in with them are poor.  The Czech and Norwegian teams of old were excellent but this current crop are not.  Ireland meanwhile got a good top seed in Wales but I think Serbia were 4th seeds or something and how the Georgians are bottom seeds I'll never know. 
I agree that they do play a good brand of football but their group is easier than Ireland's

Syferus

The Georgians were badly seeded because they're a shite football team from a backwards country. We don't have the excuses they have for being so poor.

T Fearon

I think the North are a better team.Evans and Davis are a better calibre of player than anything the FAI side has,they manage games very well,concede very few goals,and unbelievably are on course for a record fifth consecutive win in competitive games.I think the overall strength of their group is at least on a par with the FAI's.

In short if the North were to meet the south in a play off,currently I would favour the North,and it's all down to the management.

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2017, 08:10:59 PM
I think the North are a better team.Evans and Davis are a better calibre of player than anything the FAI side has,they manage games very well,concede very few goals,and unbelievably are on course for a record fifth consecutive win in competitive games.I think the overall strength of their group is at least on a par with the FAI's.

In short if the North were to meet the south in a play off,currently I would favour the North,and it's all down to the management.

I agree with this.  The north remind me of the south under Charlton, able to make the most of their resources and the whole being greater than the sum of the parts, or whatever that phrase is.  International football is generally shite and that's probably why a team as poor as Ireland are ranked 29th.  Low quality players and I include Cristiano Hoolahan in that and a manager who probably thinks 0-0 at home against Antarctica is a good result.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

AZOffaly

A fair few lads were touting Martin O'Neill as a Liverpool Manager back when Rodgers got the job. I could never understand that.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2017, 07:01:51 PM
Ironically the North of Ireland under Michael O'Neill,playing a superior brand of football,and in a group equally as tough as Ireland's,will secure runners up spot,with two games to spare,with a draw at home to Czech Republic tomorrow night.

Is the wrong M O'Neill in charge in Dublin?

Absolutely.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 10:34:34 AM
A fair few lads were touting Martin O'Neill as a Liverpool Manager back when Rodgers got the job. I could never understand that.
Yeah could never understand it myself.
I'd love to see Mick McCarthy back as Ireland manger.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omagh_gael

Quote from: laoislad on September 04, 2017, 10:41:02 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 10:34:34 AM
Yeah could never understand it myself.
I'd love to see Mick McCarthy back as Ireland manger.

Joint ticket with Keano?

Captain Scarlet

Davis and Evans yeah, but who else would make the ROI team. The rest of the team are not as strong as ROI and yet they are playing better stuff.
I dont expect  ireland to play nice football but decent stuff isnt beyond tbe realms pf possibility. I watched Burnley v Chelsea and Spurs with a large helping of Irish lads. Despite the massive gulf in class they actually passed the ball at times.
Even if you go back to front quickly like Burnley the ball should resemble a pass and not a panicked lash it away.
Harry Arter may not pick a killer pass but he gas good passing skills and he stands up v well for his club. Then he gets slated for Ireland who kick it into the clouds.
Hoolohan woukd gave nade no difference if the ball from deep was like that either. It gas to something they are told to do.
The players are not great but they are not shite. I am not asking for FIFA 2017 stuff but just sonething that doesnt have lads terrorized by a pass.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

JPGJOHNNYG

Northern Ireland at it again most of the individuals are muck but look at them play. Republic with better players wouldn't dare go 2-0 up against any team

shark

Took a good look there at all the groups and what games the teams in contention for 2nd have remaining. Absolutely convinced that Ireland need a minimum of 7 points from remaining 3 games. 5 points could get 2nd, if we hammer Moldova or Wales lose points in Georgia. But it will only lead to 18 points which will be the lowest 2nd place total.