The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Have to say I found some of the topics asked and answered to be real Cringe TV. Gooch beginning to look a grabber!

balladmaker

laoislad

Quote from: balladmaker on October 06, 2017, 10:56:46 PM
Roll on The Kilkennys!
Are they on tonight? One of them used to be my apprentice
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 06, 2017, 10:24:32 PM
Have to say I found some of the topics asked and answered to be real Cringe TV. Gooch beginning to look a grabber!

Did he use the old Betty Davis to Wogan line? To be honest, I'd think more of a guest if they did actually say it.

From the Bunker

Looks like Gooch told a bit a lie on the Late Late to get out of a sticky corner!

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=276642

Joe Brolly has flatly rejected claims that he apologised to Colm Cooper for criticising his upcoming testimonial dinner.

Appearing on The Late Late Show last night to promote his new autobiography 'Gooch', Cooper claimed Brolly texted him to apologise for comments he had made about the groundbreaking corporate dinner in Dublin on October 27, which is expected to raise €250,000 and has greatly divided opinion within the GAA.

Two charities will benefit from a proportion of the proceeds - the Kerry Cancer Support Group and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children in Dublin as well as Kerry GAA and Cooper's club Dr Crokes.

Writing in the Sunday Independent recently, Brolly claimed the event had gone against the amateur ethos of the GAA.

"It is a great pity Colm has done this. The point of the GAA is supposed to be volunteerism and community activism. The question is supposed to be, 'What can I do?', not 'What can I get out of it?'," he wrote.

"As an icon of Irish sport, he could have set an example of altruism, but instead has chosen to enrich himself. What could and should have been a night the GAA could have taken great pride in, has instead become something cheap and self-serving."

Cooper said last night: "On a serious note, Joe actually sent me a text this week to say 'sorry about all the fuss'. He said he wishes there wasn't the reaction that there was and that it's gone overboard. And he's apologising for it.

"So he's obviously changed his tune since. And he fully respects that I'm entitled to have a testimonial dinner if I want. There's players doing dinner dances and speaking after events. There's brand ambassadors, there's players doing launches all the time. So unfortunately for the GAA, there are players earning money. So if that's the argument, I don't really get it."

However, Brolly later took to Twitter to say he hadn't apologised to his fellow Sunday Game panellist.

"I didn't apologise to Colm for anything I said. I stand by every word. I said I didn't intend him to be demonised as a result.

"This is a serious principled debate. I said face to fact to Colm he was wrong in doing this. I stand by that absolutely."

Gaffer

Can Brolly not mind his own bloody business for once?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

BennyCake

I thought yer woman who lost all the weight spoke a lot of sense. Refreshing to see.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gaffer on October 07, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
Clearly not and forever seeking attention.

longballin

Are GAA issues not his business?

Rossfan

Quote from: longballin on October 07, 2017, 10:12:26 PM

No -Courts and Law is his business.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gaffer

Quote from: longballin on October 07, 2017, 10:12:26 PM

A group of people who wish to honour someone at a night out in an hotel in Dublin is none of Brolly's business

Rossfan

Of course he's still entitled to have an opinion on it like the rest of us.

Gaffer

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2017, 12:18:36 AM

Why? Absolutely nothing to do with him!!

longballin

Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 12:24:42 AM

In that case none of us would comment on anything.

Rossfan

Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 12:24:42 AM

Gooch's dinner is nothing to do with me - but I have a right to have an opinion or comment on it all the same.
A bit like Catelonia/Spain.