Has Colm Parkinson made himself the most influential voice in GAA ?

Started by In hiding, September 15, 2018, 03:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

dublin7

Quote from: In hiding on September 15, 2018, 03:21:11 AM
Discuss ...

In fairness his gaa hour podcast every Monday after the football with cian ward is always good. Ward is a good pundit and I think it's the best gaa podcast out there

square_ball

Jim Bob

Talking of Podcasts. What is a decent Podcast app out there for phones. I have one but it's shite. Full of ads and not user friendly.

Tubberman

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 15, 2018, 08:34:05 AM
Talking of Podcasts. What is a decent Podcast app out there for phones. I have one but it's shite. Full of ads and not user friendly.

SoundCloud.  wooly's is by far the best GAA podcast
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 15, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

I like Podcast Republic.

didlyi

He has a wealth of Knowledge in lots of sports. However his strong opinions on matters are a bit painfull to listen to. He is supposed to be the host of the podcasts.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: didlyi on September 15, 2018, 10:28:21 AM
He has a wealth of Knowledge in lots of sports. However his strong opinions on matters are a bit painfull to listen to. He is supposed to be the host of the podcasts.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Not sure if serious!

trileacman

I heard a thousand times how good Woolys podcast is from you lads on here, opened one a month ago and he was going on about hurling wasn't any better than football. He was shouting and roaring at some hurler about how it's not fair to compare the two etc etc. Such bullshit, Twas like two schoolboys arguing at the back of the bus. The man is a bit of craic but really he's an overgrown teenager.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BallyroanAbu

I was never over fond of him when he played with Laois, always seemed to be a drama.

It's easy to write him off but is a very good interviewer seems to get people to open up.

His Peter Leahy interview is top class.  I don't always agree with him but to be honest I am not listening to anyone else's podcast so the proof is in the pudding.

Schkite

His podcast is good alright, but to claim he's the most influential voice is just nonsense. He doesn't take criticism well at all, he can dish it out but can't take it.