Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on July 23, 2022, 10:04:58 PM
No need for names being posted, great game ruined by the end. Definitely one of the best games this year I've seen. Tense game lough went three up, I though they had us but a goal helped us to claw back. A game which should be talked about for being a great battle between two rivals unfortunately won't be due to the actions of a few.

Why not?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Under Lights

Quote from: Hotrocks on July 24, 2022, 08:10:44 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 23, 2022, 09:33:58 PM
Heard it was....

Edit by Mod5:  better to leave names out of it, especially when only hearsay.

Hear say? The coward done it in front of a couple of hundred people! He should be getting a lengthy ban.

Tbf I named the player but wasn't at game so only going on what I was told, might be wrong name cause there is any amount of likely candidates in that club, few of them should seek professional anger management before something really goes wrong with their wreckless behavior and ruin a lot of lives.

Tyrone2021

Quote from: Under Lights on July 24, 2022, 08:27:02 AM
Quote from: Hotrocks on July 24, 2022, 08:10:44 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 23, 2022, 09:33:58 PM
Heard it was....

Edit by Mod5:  better to leave names out of it, especially when only hearsay.

Hear say? The coward done it in front of a couple of hundred people! He should be getting a lengthy ban.

Tbf I named the player but wasn't at game so only going on what I was told, might be wrong name cause there is any amount of likely candidates in that club, few of them should seek professional anger management before something really goes wrong with their wreckless behavior and ruin a lot of lives.

Right up until that moment it was a clean game nothing out of the ordinary, unfortunately a moment of madness will be all the game will be remembered for.

RedHand88

Does the panel think that a club should be expected to agree to fixture changes to accommodate a wedding in the opponents club?

I ask because I saw a player take time out of his special day to call the other club scum on social media because they wouldn't move the game for his wedding.

trueblue1234

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2022, 12:43:27 PM
Does the panel think that a club should be expected to agree to fixture changes to accommodate a wedding in the opponents club?

I ask because I saw a player take time out of his special day to call the other club scum on social media because they wouldn't move the game for his wedding.

People will have their own opinions but it should be accommodated when possible imo. Sometimes it's not possible which is fair enough. It's an amateur sport and there should be an acceptance of such occasions as players give up plenty already. Trying to workaround a date isn't a huge ask.
That said, a club shouldn't be disadvantaged by agreeing any moves.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

square_ball

There's no right or wrong solution to it  really. I'd say every club including Gortin themselves have at some stage down through the years not agreed to a fixture change. Not sure the Rock deserve to be called scum over it though.

In hiding

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2022, 12:43:27 PM
Yes, I think clubs should try to accommodate others in such events 

Eire90

no one should cater to one person his choice he chose to get married

In hiding

Quote from: Eire90 on July 24, 2022, 02:13:03 PM
no one should cater to one person his choice he chose to get married
I'm guessing you aren't married or play football

Eire90

i dont think the gaa should bow down to relgious services (assuming it was a religious wedding) would they call matches off if  a player wanted a match off because of ramadan i know its a hypothetical

In hiding

Quote from: Eire90 on July 24, 2022, 02:19:07 PM
i dont think the gaa should bow down to relgious services (assuming it was a religious wedding) would they call matches off if  a player wanted a match off because of ramadan i know its a hypothetical
Teams sometimes agree to call off matches if their opposition have a load of lads on holidays.
Sometimes its good to do the right thing

RedHand88

Quote from: Eire90 on July 24, 2022, 02:19:07 PM

Where would it end? What about a christening? An 18th birthday party?
A funeral I can understand because it's a mark of respect but a wedding? Not for me.
Heard there is a history with the 2 clubs so maybe that has clouded his judgement when posting it.
Also heard Pomeroy have applied to get their match with Gortin moved now after hearing about this. Hugh Pat getting married that weekend. Be interesting to see what Gortin do...

Eire90

if  teams agree then thats ok but i dont think one player should dictate it  or calling other clubs scum.

In hiding

Quote from: Eire90 on July 24, 2022, 02:28:48 PM
if  teams agree then thats ok but i dont think one player should dictate it  or calling other clubs scum.
I agree

Under Lights

Cormac McGinley used to manage Gortin and is now with Rock