Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: Ancharraig123 on June 28, 2022, 09:15:13 AM
Common sense would be to play the next 2 fixtures this Friday and next Friday the 8th and leaving the 15th free

Common sense and CCC should not be in the same sentence or conversation

clarshack

So on the 29th we have to play Strabane and then Castlederg on the 31st but Strabane don't have a game on the 31st. how is that fair?

And it's also not fair on Castlederg who have to travel to Brackaville on the Friday evening and then to us on the Sunday.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on June 28, 2022, 11:26:29 AM
Quote from: clarshack on June 28, 2022, 10:40:26 AM
So on the 29th we have to play Strabane and then Castlederg on the 31st but Strabane don't have a game on the 31st. how is that fair?

And it's also not fair on Castlederg who have to travel to Brackaville on the Friday evening and then to us on the Sunday.

That's a very tough schedule for Castlederg in fairness.

They may book into the B&B at McGirrs in Coalisland for the weekend. Be cheaper than the diesel to get them up and down the road.

Definitely!

marty34

Quote from: square_ball on June 28, 2022, 11:26:29 AM
Quote from: clarshack on June 28, 2022, 10:40:26 AM

That's a very tough schedule for Castlederg in fairness.

They may book into the B&B at McGirrs in Coalisland for the weekend. Be cheaper than the diesel to get them up and down the road.

Even better, a bonding week-end down by the lough.

bigfrank

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 27, 2022, 11:23:12 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on June 27, 2022, 10:40:30 PM
Round of league games on both the 15th and 17th july? Would that not be the one week in the whole calendar you would think would have no games let alone two  :-\ ::) that's bound to be peak holiday season for club players surely

Double round 29th and 31st July as per website.

Where is 15th and 17th info from?

This is in regards to seniors and intermediate im told,the games called off last Friday as a mark of respect to Damien are now being playing on the 17th July. It seems to be common knowledge in my clubs WhatsApp group and the same applies to the teams we will play that weekend who also said they were told the same,I wouldn't like to be relying on the county board for some common sense but I think even they will see this is a bad idea

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: square_ball on June 28, 2022, 10:12:05 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 28, 2022, 09:14:49 AM
Round of league games on both the 15th and 17th july? Would that not be the one week in the whole calendar you would think would have no games let alone two  :-\ ::) that's bound to be peak holiday season for club players surely

There is no fixtures on the websitre past this friday as far as I can see.
Why only the one week break? surely this year we had a little more time to play with than previous years?

If you click onto the league table then click onto your club you will see fixtures up until the end of the season not including championship obviously. Double round as Norf said on 29th and 31st July.

Thanks Square Ball. That's been wrecking my head how to find them!

Double fixtures on a Friday and Sunday are a serious physical demand on players. I'm not sure if there's any other sport where it would happen, although I could be wrong.

Final round of fixtures is September 2nd with the Ulster club kicking off November 6th. You would like to think the CCC would be giving teams a free week after the final league fixtures and before the 1st round of championship and having the championship final two weeks before the Ulster club. That only leaves 6 weeks to run off the Championship which you wouldn't want reduced much more. Not sure where else you would fit these games in.

Unfortunately the Friday night travel from one side of the county to another is a downside of the Friday night games. I think everyone prefers having the games on a Friday though as opposed to a Sunday?

Mikhailov

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on June 28, 2022, 01:30:41 PM

Why only the one week break? surely this year we had a little more time to play with than previous years?

If you click onto the league table then click onto your club you will see fixtures up until the end of the season not including championship obviously. Double round as Norf said on 29th and 31st July.

Double fixtures on a Friday and Sunday are a serious physical demand on players. I'm not sure if there's any other sport where it would happen, although I could be wrong.

Final round of fixtures is September 2nd with the Ulster club kicking off November 6th. You would like to think the CCC would be giving teams a free week after the final league fixtures and before the 1st round of championship and having the championship final two weeks before the Ulster club. That only leaves 6 weeks to run off the Championship which you wouldn't want reduced much more. Not sure where else you would fit these games in.

Unfortunately the Friday night travel from one side of the county to another is a downside of the Friday night games. I think everyone prefers having the games on a Friday though as opposed to a Sunday?

According to the Tyrone website the double round of fixtures is on 29 and 31 July, not 15 & 17 July. The fixture for the 15th goes ahead as normal which is absolutely ridiculous as it is holiday high season for that 1 week each year

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 28, 2022, 02:52:26 PM

According to the Tyrone website the double round of fixtures is on 29 and 31 July, not 15 & 17 July. The fixture for the 15th goes ahead as normal which is absolutely ridiculous as it is holiday high season for that 1 week each year

The County Board appear to have changed the two week holiday break this year to 1st July - 15 July. I could be wrong but I believe the break normally occurs from the weekend of 12th for two weeks?

Mikhailov

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on June 28, 2022, 03:09:25 PM

The County Board appear to have changed the two week holiday break this year to 1st July - 15 July. I could be wrong but I believe the break normally occurs from the weekend of 12th for two weeks?

100% correct but the CCC like to do things their way

bigfrank

Dates for Double fixtures for Tyrone ACL

*Division 1 and 2*

Round 10 Friday 29th July
Round 6 Sunday 31st July

**Division* 3 **

Round 12 Friday 29th July
Round 8 Sunday 31st July

Under Lights

Quote from: bigfrank on July 01, 2022, 09:07:51 AM
Dates for Double fixtures for Tyrone ACL

*Division 1 and 2*

Round 10 Friday 29th July
Round 6 Sunday 31st July

**Division* 3 **

Round 12 Friday 29th July
Round 8 Sunday 31st July

Send in your apologises now for your scaremongering regarding holiday weekend double fixture.
Project Fear.

Tyrone2021

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 28, 2022, 03:47:43 PM

Really there's only a one week break, there's no game on friday 8th that's the only week free. Not much of a holiday for us lads

TyroneClubs

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on July 01, 2022, 02:35:47 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on June 28, 2022, 03:47:43 PM

Really there's only a one week break, there's no game on friday 8th that's the only week free. Not much of a holiday for us lads

Without being disrespectful and I whole heartardly agreed with it, the games were called off last week and we missed a game. Now our holiday period is the same as one game being called off. Not very fair on players, still have to train this coming week really.

Christmas Lights

Love Double fixture weekends myself, reminds me of the Premier league over the Christmas period.

Under Lights

Standard of league football has dipped imo, maybe its people being away travelling but some teams seem very weak.

Errigal ticking along nicely