Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: Scoring Zone on October 18, 2020, 12:51:04 AM
conflicted feelings on the u-20's, on the plus side your in a AI semi and are in the mix of the best in the country (albeit a fairly messed up year) and to be fair to Dublin they where more physically developed and athletic so when they stepped it up a more lightweight and 1 dimensional tyrone had no answer. The most frustrating thing personally was that the amount of poor decisions & kick passing ( particularly into 1 & 2 sweepers) was poor viewing, still would only pick 2 or 3 to have any impact on the senior panel, where in an ideal world you would want at least 5 to be putting their hands up
By my judging I would say at least 7 or 8 players have put their hands up of that under 20 team. That's not including murnaghan or conroy. So if we were to get another 3 out them 7/8 it wouldn't be far away from your 5 players

Angelo

Not too many players step straight in out of u20 level anymore.

Even if you look at the 2015 U21 team, it took guys like McGeary, Burns an Hamspey a while to establish themselves and the extra year can make a whole lot of difference.

There's certainly a good number of those that played yesterday good enough for seniors but I'd say that in the physical levels, they are all probably a year or two short.

Quinn and Grimes came in from last years u20 side for this campaign but I'd say it will probably be another year or two until we see them challenging strongly for starting spots.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Jim Bob

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 18, 2020, 01:27:22 PM
McKenna starting for Tyrone!!

No chance he came home without assurances on his spot and role in County Panel. Wonder if he actually plays half forward.

square_ball

Big pressure on getting the two points today with the way Mayo are going at the minute against Galway. Could come down to a relegation play off effectively next weekend v Mayo if we don't get the win today.

southtyronegael

Big pressure on both Tyrone and Donegal  to get points today. Should make for a good game. I see the half of errigal on the bench today.

Tyrone Gaa

If Colm Cavanagh was playing, Donegal don't score that 1st goal. Need that problem fixed ASAP
Living the dream!!!

Angelo

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 18, 2020, 04:25:32 PM
If Colm Cavanagh was playing, Donegal don't score that 1st goal. Need that problem fixed ASAP

That's not the first time McKernan has gone running towards a guy coming through like a bull in a china shop and left them a big gap to run into. The signs were there last year, the Donegal game, against Cork where if teams run down the middle at us then there are goals to be got.

We badly need a no 6 who can hold the middle and organise the defence a bit better.

Tyrone Gaa

He sold 3 defenders a dummy took them out of the game. Hampsey went to cover the space inside the box instead of cutting out the immediate danger. It could be a short year if we leak goals that easy.
Living the dream!!!

Angelo

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 18, 2020, 04:54:26 PM
He sold 3 defenders a dummy took them out of the game. Hampsey went to cover the space inside the box instead of cutting out the immediate danger. It could be a short year if we leak goals that easy.

McKernan was the guy in the best position to hold his ground and he vacated it and left all of it open when there were enough Tyrone players around to deal with Mogan.

He's a good player but he keeps on making the same type of mistakes again and again, surely a top class set up should be seeing this and coaching it out of him.

Gaafan2

Quote from: referee on October 18, 2020, 04:57:48 PM
Mc kernan is not up to it,too focused on his appearance and how well his tan is fucksake,and you're going f**king nowhere with 2 Pomeroy players starting in that team,oh give me strength

Such a statement, hell of alot worse players on that tyrone team.

Angelo

That was a bit of a shitshow.

Two defeats to see the year out on the cards now.

TBH when the news came through of McShane being out for the rest of the year I had it wrote off now but it looks like Div 2 is likely now next year on the respective performances of Tyrone and Mayo today.

We have no midfield and we have a gaping hole right in the middle of our defence that is going to leak goals against a decent side, if you run down our centre you will create openings. We badly need an established no 6 who just holds that central channnel, I think Hampsey is probably the best man for the job if he gets back to form and fitness.

The midfield conundrum is now big, R Donnelly and Kennedy weren't involved today but we did have the likes of McClure and Kilpatrick on the bench and I think we are robbing Peter to pay Paul when we have the likes of Hampsey and McKenna plugging a gap in there. We got destroyed in the middle of the pitch on our kickouts. Donegal were able to get there restarts off without any pressure.

That was a hugely encouraging first showing from McKenna, 1-2 from play, won a lot of ball, set up another 2 scores, he's going to be huge for us going forward.

I was all for giving Harte another year before today but with that performance and how dysfunctional and open we look I think it's probably the right team to bring in a new management team next year.

southtyronegael

After all the excitement of the Tyrone club championship it's back to that boring unimaginative dross. Virtually no inside forward line until MC Kenna went in. No creativity, no spark. When will it all end?

bigtogs

Quote from: referee on October 18, 2020, 05:56:39 PM
Tell me then,What does mcgeary and burns bring to the team

Fouling and loads of stupid decision making..

Moonshine

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 18, 2020, 05:58:11 PM
After all the excitement of the Tyrone club championship it's back to that boring unimaginative dross. Virtually no inside forward line until MC Kenna went in. No creativity, no spark. When will it all end?

In total agreement. Utter rubbish you have forwards such as Mc curry, Mc kenna and bradley and you expect them to play in there own 45. Whose in charge horse or harte as it looked like horse was in full control in the water breaks. Relegation next week will hopefully get rid of this defensive dross that's stifling some of the best forwards in ulster. New setup needed urgently