Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 03:58:51 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 16, 2019, 12:31:42 PM
Errigal dispatching trillick handy in the league by the looks of it - put the shoulder to the wheel and turned the screw it would seem. Could be a sign of things to come if they meet in the championship????
I think so, Errigal are arrogant as f**k and will be able to bully Trillick. Trillick very nice footballers but they wilt to any physical stuff bar the odd dirty dig to the back of the head by Rory Brennan (yella as a ducks ass)
So Trillick are scared of the physical stuff except Brennan who is yellow?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 16, 2019, 04:29:01 PM
Any dromore posters want to shed light from over the weekend?
Beat an Arboe team easily that was desperate for points. Pity they didn't show up in healy park the same way last week.

Ardboe season for all intents and purposes ended there last week. They are safe on 10 pts with Tattyreagh to play I think.

LeoMc

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2019, 05:50:49 PM
Yella as a duck's ass. There you are now.
You can't argue with a man familiar with Avian anus

Dire Ear

Indiscipline cost Gortin tonight? Greencastle win 10-9

Tyrone95

Good win for our minors last night against a strong omagh team. Went down to 14 men in the first half but held on for a 1 point victory. On a side note - Dromore facilities second to none great floodlit surface for football and surprised they dont get championship games like Fintona and stewartstown are getting. Crowd control possibly a factor in this

skeog

Sean Teague is some motivator his passion is unrivalled in Tyrone.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 17, 2019, 10:02:15 AM
Good win for our minors last night against a strong omagh team. Went down to 14 men in the first half but held on for a 1 point victory. On a side note - Dromore facilities second to none great floodlit surface for football and surprised they dont get championship games like Fintona and stewartstown are getting. Crowd control possibly a factor in this

It was great to win another underage title but I can say from watching a lot of minor football this year this was not a strong Omagh team.  Their forwards are poor Imo.  Although the sending off restricted us I expected us to win the game more comfortably. Thought we were too defensive and should have attacked Omagh more especially in the second half by giving in the long direct balls into our full forward line. 

valley19

Good win for Greencastle last night, awful game. Just a pity they will be beat by 20 in the semies.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 16, 2019, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 16, 2019, 04:29:01 PM
Any dromore posters want to shed light from over the weekend?
Beat an Arboe team easily that was desperate for points. Pity they didn't show up in healy park the same way last week.

Ardboe season for all intents and purposes ended there last week. They are safe on 10 pts with Tattyreagh to play I think.

This is why the league must be wrapped up before the championship starts.  Once you are out of the championship, the season is more or less over.  Players, supporters, managers couldnt really be arsed thereafter especially if they have no hope of winning the league or being relegated.

Tintown rattler

Clonoe 3/1 to beat Trillick. Surely some motivation for the lads there. Should offer more than dromore but Trillicks name is on the cup

GaelTheGael

Was no classic last night but very intense. The early red card for Greencastle spoiled the game as it led to Greencastle having to sit back and concede the Gortin kickout. The red card was even worse as the lineman's identified the wrong man for the yellow.
Thought defensively Greencastle were excellent, Sean Og McAleer wasn't involved in the game from play at all which led to all manner of poor shot selection from others.
It will however take some improvement to get close to Galbally, not sure if Greencastle have the overall team to really challenge. I could see them going with 14 maybe 15 behind the ball to try and stay in it.

Tintown rattler

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 17, 2019, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 17, 2019, 11:35:50 AM
Clonoe 3/1 to beat Trillick. Surely some motivation for the lads there. Should offer more than dromore but Trillicks name is on the cup

Id say thats possibly the most ridiculous statement ive ever heard. Clonoe guna walk that game too

We lump on the 3/1 then ?  8)

GetOverTheBar

3/1 seems generous considering their league performances so far.....then again, same could be said of Dromore so what do I know.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 17, 2019, 12:59:33 PM
After a few days hard contemplating over the championship loss, ive come to the conclusion we dont want want to show our full hand for next year. This is a timing process. Rome wasnt built in a day as the saying goes. This years would have been a walk in the park had we a full squad but we didnt, so we took a knee.
Also, rumour going about that each player had 50 buck on Kildress.
Winnings of that then going on Drumragh junior championship winners 2020.

;D ;D

bigtogs

Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 17, 2019, 12:34:39 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 17, 2019, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 17, 2019, 11:35:50 AM

Id say thats possibly the most ridiculous statement ive ever heard. Clonoe guna walk that game too

We lump on the 3/1 then ?  8)

We would have a punchers chance nothing more in my opinion...Coalisland and Trillick in front of the chasing pack at this stage but you never know!!