Pitch Scheduling App/solution

Started by WT4E, April 26, 2022, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

I was wondering for clubs on here who have multiple pitches that need to be organised and booked by various teams how do you do it is there apps or online tools that make this easy?

Thanks

thewobbler

Apps don't solve human problems.

If your club has the culture / lack of politics to run pitch hire like a business you have half a chance.

If your club's culture is one in which training sessions always run over and/or mentors accept changes to fixtures without going through committees and/or senior teams just do what they want and/or juvenile mentors are they determined they need a Croke park size pitch for training 23 lads, then I would suggest you try to put some rules in place the old fashioned way. Then an app can be a convenience for everyone to see what's going on.

WT4E

Quote from: thewobbler on April 26, 2022, 11:02:23 PM
Apps don't solve human problems.

If your club has the culture / lack of politics to run pitch hire like a business you have half a chance.

If your club's culture is one in which training sessions always run over and/or mentors accept changes to fixtures without going through committees and/or senior teams just do what they want and/or juvenile mentors are they determined they need a Croke park size pitch for training 23 lads, then I would suggest you try to put some rules in place the old fashioned way. Then an app can be a convenience for everyone to see what's going on.

Great Post exactly how it should be done. Discipline is the key but thought tech might help

Truth hurts

With these apps, does it not mean that let's say a minor camogie team could book every night of the week if they got it early. Some coaches might be better working tech than others. I do not think this would solve anything?

marty34

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 27, 2022, 09:21:47 AM
With these apps, does it not mean that let's say a minor camogie team could book every night of the week if they got it early. Some coaches might be better working tech than others. I do not think this would solve anything?

I think if it's worked out at the start of the year.  Every team has their training slot and they stick to it rigidly.

This is worked out at the very start - usually it follows the previous years training schedule as most counties' fixtures also stay the same re: what age group play leagues on what days.

WT4E

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 27, 2022, 09:21:47 AM

I think it would work best if just one person controlled it (So they liase with managers to book it out and maybe just do it on a 6 week basis or until full fixtures are available) I haven't looked at it in detail - but people could view but only one person could book