Ulster Championship 2019

Started by Fuzzman, April 16, 2019, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Cavan look handy enough there. Monaghan need a big turnaround and at present don't look capable of it. Cavan hungrier and on top all over.

marty34

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on May 18, 2019, 07:43:19 PM
Conor McManus and Kieran Hughes are some lads to dive and win handy frees. Expect Monaghan to up gears in second half and win game  by 4-6.

Be hard to turn around at half time. Cavan well in control.  That'd be a swing of 10pts.  Be hard to do with only 4pts in first half.

Only worry would be is if Cavan panic and freeze with them being so far in front and in control of the game.

Solo_run

Cavan falling all over the place

kerryforsam19

RedHand88

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on May 18, 2019, 07:43:19 PM
Conor McManus and Kieran Hughes are some lads to dive and win handy frees. Expect Monaghan to up gears in second half and win game  by 4-6.

Kieran was wild for it against Tyrone last year, especially late on when they were chasing the game.

J70

No word at all here about Donegal and Fermanagh. We're all busy with more important things I guess!

Looking forward to the game, as always with the first run out in the championship, even if Brewster Park has a few bad memories for us. Last time I was there (been in the US quite a few years now) was for the 2003 meeting which was down there with Crossmaglen 2010 for shockingly poor Donegal performances and one of the worst games I've ever seen.

I guess we are warm favourites for this, but I don't expect anything close to the one-sided affair that was the Ulster final. I think if we turn up, we should win by three or four points after a tight enough game. You never know in Ulster though!

Be interesting to see what team lines out for us. With McBrearty back, assuming he starts, we have a lot of options up front (MacNiallais's absence notwithstanding), although it would be hard to see Oisin Gallen being squeezed in too (might find Ulster Championship football at bit different to the league too as a young lad). Maybe they'll play Murphy centre forward and go with McBrearty, Gallen and Brennan, but where do you put Niall O'Donnell then, another young lad who had a good league?

FermGael

Well after all the excitement of the last 2 weekends I expect this to be a more traditional ulster championship game.
Fermanagh seem to have a fully fit panel to pick from .
Quigley has been absolutely flying for Roslea in April and looks to be in the shape of his life.
Can't see anything other than Fermanagh sitting deep, packing the defence and trying to frustrate Donegal.
Donegal seem to have a lot of options up front but Brewster has been a fortress for Gallagher over his reign in Fermanagh.
I have a sneaky feeling we might just scrape this .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

Fighting talk ;D this isn't an easy game for Donegal.

Dire Ear

Stop MMurphy and Fermanagh win......simple!!!

Dire Ear

Minors                Friday 21 June
Ulster MFC semi-finals
Donegal v Monaghan, Brewster Park, 8pm
Derry v Tyrone, Athletic Grounds, 8pm

lurganblue

Why the general move away from the minor games being on before the senior games?

FermGael

Quote from: lurganblue on May 23, 2019, 10:05:45 AM
Why the general move away from the minor games being on before the senior games?
All part of the tiering plan .

J70

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 23, 2019, 09:46:09 AM

Let's hope they triple mark him. Should open up a bit of space for the likes of McBrearty, McHugh, Brennan and so on. :)

FermGael

Quote from: J70 on May 23, 2019, 02:48:32 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 23, 2019, 09:46:09 AM

Let's hope they triple mark him
. Should open up a bit of space for the likes of McBrearty, McHugh, Brennan and so on. :)
Che Cullen will be grand on his own.

barelegs

Quote from: lurganblue on May 23, 2019, 10:05:45 AM

Counties wanted a backdoor championship and they wanted an exam break. Minor and senior championship  no longer tied