Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Fermanaghandsam

I would cut our losses and get rid.

He has had enough chances and always blown it. If Pete takes him back he will let him down when it really matters like he did before the Championship in 2012 against Down.

Build a team without him is the way to go, he will never learn.

orangeman

If there's nobody better than Seamie, I'd be doing my best to work with him.

You can't always use the stick. It mightn't work all the time.

Pete will sort him.

haranguerer

Definitely loves courting attention - hes a showman, thats for sure, and his playing was undoubtedly for divilment, testing out the new man, rather than any desire to play the soccer game (incidentally apparently he scored 'the best goal I've ever seen in the flesh', according to a few lads who were at it), nor a protest at not starting that evening.

He knows the craic now though, hes got a lot of abuse for playing the soccer match, and will have realised that everyone is on McGraths side - previously, without Seamie we were scoring f**k all, so very few would have been in favour of getting rid of him no matter his transgressions, but thats not the case any more. Nor is it the case that we need to build a team round him, or, more accurately, that if he leaves fermanagh in the lurch, that that game plan will need to be changed. With 1 or both quigleys you've got the long ball option anyway, Sean has really stepped out of his brothers shadow, and can play a similar role, so if Seamie leaves a week before championship, it'll not be the complete upheaval it was before.

I do know one thing, if hes on his game, there isnt any player in Ireland I'd rather watch, and not just for the scoretaking etc, but also his showmanship. I dont think anyone really wants to watch 15 Kieran McGeeneys or the like, I know I dont.

Under Lights

A man that was in the running for the Fermanagh job seems to be in big bother with the HMRC.

haranguerer

Under Lights

Quote from: haranguerer on February 11, 2014, 09:26:33 AM
Its none of our business.

The majority of discussions on a forum is probably none of our business.

wanderer

Have decided I need to give myself a few days after a Fermanagh match before I can comment!  :-X

It was very poor stuff on Sunday, we were nowhere near deserving to sneak that game. I am struggling to find positives in the performance, and almost cannot believe we managed to score as much. The defence was a shambles for massive portions of the game. We kept going for short kick-outs even when Antrim were pushing up on us, to the point where the 2nd Antrim goal was an accident waiting to happen. Then we decided we couldn't go short, and punted them right down the throats of bigger Antrim men with very little traffic around them to prevent clean catches. The forward line until Owens was moved up there were powder puff, and Quigleys free's from the ground were consistently poor, I couldn't understand why he wasn't taking them from his hands when he is well capable of landing them from that distance.
The ref was bad, but didn't affect the outcome. Some of the free's and non-free's were bewildering

AQMP

sammymaguire

What's the QF draw now lads and any word when those games to be played?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jimmyjimson

RD 1
Tempo 0-10 Devenish 0-14
Enniskillen 0-6 Erne Gaels 2-8
Teemore 1-9 Derrygonnelly 0-11
Roslea 1-11 Lisnaskea 0-9

QFS
Roslea v Belcoo
Devenish v Erne Gaels
St Josephs v Donagh
Teemore v Kinawley

FermGael

At last nights County board meeting Fermanagh GAA County Committee ratified all managers from last year:
Seniors: Pete McGrath
U21: Vinny Connolly
Minors: Niall Jackman
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

unitedireland

Preview to the Fermanagh Senior Championship Final and Intermediate Championship Final this weekend. 

Featuring: Paul Ward (Fermanagh Player) Pauric McGurn (Host) Martin McGrath (Former Fermanagh Player and Allstar) Peter McGinnety (Former Fermanagh Player - Allstar and Former Roslea Manager - Now Aghyaran Manager Co Tyrone)

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKgMwWm_jqU

Creator https://twitter.com/PauricMcGurn

Farrandeelin

Well done to Derrylin winning the IFC last night. A mad shower of headers the lot of them!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

Indeed.

Great result for Derrylin in what has been a very tough year for all involved with the club.

I would safely bet that most of the team are still in the Mountview since last night.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered