Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

There's one thing defending the wife - it's another thing to jump on stage and slap the comic.  Wouldn't be surprised if there's other stuff going on with Smith.  His acceptance speech was weird (though they tend to be).
That's just, like your opinion man.

JPGJOHNNYG

As a comedian himself I would be very surprised if Will Smith has never taken the piss out of someone else but of course its all a laugh until its directed at you. The guy has seriously gone down in my estimations. Doubt it was staged either the way he was ranting and raving when he sat down the twit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2022, 09:12:18 AM
He could have called him out and walked out. It's not really defending tbh.

You aint going to walk out when you have a chance of winning an Oscar, it wasn't the Oscar's he had a beef with. I think 'comedians' are shit if they go down the road of cheap shots
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Smiths initial laugh at the joke was the loudest ffs. Point the finger and have a word after.

Hound

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 28, 2022, 10:36:16 AM
Smiths initial laugh at the joke was the loudest ffs. Point the finger and have a word after.
I think that played a part in his reaction. He laughed at the joke, and caught on camera doing it. Then when camera panned back to Rock, Smith presumably turned to the wife and saw she had a face on, was annoyed with himself and got VERY annoyed with Rock.

When I saw it first with no sound, I was wondering was this all staged. But when you see it with full sound, there is 100% certainty this was not planned! There was a reasonable amount of force in the slap too. 

nrico2006

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 28, 2022, 10:10:11 AM
As a comedian himself I would be very surprised if Will Smith has never taken the piss out of someone else but of course its all a laugh until its directed at you. The guy has seriously gone down in my estimations. Doubt it was staged either the way he was ranting and raving when he sat down the twit.

First time I heard that Will Smith was a comedian.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JPGJOHNNYG

Well it's in his IMDb biography whether that makes him funny or not is a different matter

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armamike on March 28, 2022, 09:27:57 AM
There's one thing defending the wife - it's another thing to jump on stage and slap the comic. Wouldn't be surprised if there's other stuff going on with Smith.  His acceptance speech was weird (though they tend to be).

so youve heard then lol

Armamike

:) I'm not very informed when it comes to celebs.
That's just, like your opinion man.

imtommygunn

Heard what? Is he not a scientologist too?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2022, 03:01:55 PM

Gay, so what if its true, ffs these days, did he not let his mrs bang some boy

balladmaker

All staged by the looks of it, the slap looked pretty fake to me.  There must have been 20 cameras trained on the stage, yet only one angle of it has been released.  As to why the Oscars would allow something like that to be staged, I've no idea. 

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 28, 2022, 03:35:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2022, 03:01:55 PM

Gay, so what if its true, ffs these days, did he not let his mrs bang some boy

The wife says they're supposedly in one of those open relationships so I think yes to the latter.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2022, 08:47:41 AM
Quote from: Gmac on March 25, 2022, 01:00:29 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 24, 2022, 11:13:55 PM
I brought up that issue on the US politics thread, nearly about time it was locked, its a rant and rave session between a few parties. Admins need have a hard look at it.
if it bugs you so much why do you look at it ? SMH

I think like a lot of posters they are semi curious on the workings of the us political parties and their actions during the year and what they have to offer to the world, but if we were to base the American people or politics on the crap that you and the rest serve up then America isn't as 'cool' a place as some think..

It sounds like a real nasty place to live, its funny watching Irish ones become so involved in American politics when a good lot of people left Ireland because of our own political failings.

It defo is a popcorn thread at times

That thread is like some of the wee six threads would be if you had a hardcore Paisleyite or loyalist or two posting their latest "outrage" on them.

Would some of those wagging their tongues about the US politics thread sit back and let THAT shite go unchallenged?

Maybe they would. Maybe they've more sense.