Kildare v Dublin tomorrow in Glen Ryan's home from home

Started by The Hill is Blue, June 02, 2023, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

The consensus seems to be that Dublin are a busted flush and they will be exposed as such tomorrow in Nolan Park. That may well happen since they've been dragged out screaming from their cosy citadel of Croker. But sometimes it's dangerous to get what you wish for. The Cork team went home after the drawn 1983 semi-final thinking that they had the replay in Cork already won. as we know it's never that simple.

Anyway win, lose or draw we're well used to all results.

COYBIB 
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

No way will Kildare beat Dublin. I'd love to see it but I don't see it or close...

Blowitupref

Nearly sure I read somewhere that Kildare chose O'Moore Park for this "home" game but HQ opted for Nowlan Park instead.  Kildare have selected the same team to start that drew with Sligo, will it start as selected and what frame of mind will they be in after drawing that match against Sligo they were expected to win?

Looking at the odds they'll probably get this one right with Dublin winning 4 to 6 points, could be more if Kildare aren't as focused defensively as they were on April 30th.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 02, 2023, 05:07:19 PM
No way will Kildare beat Dublin. I'd love to see it but I don't see it or close...
Every so often a big team is taken out in the championship , usually because they aren't as good as people expect.
Kerry v Down in 1991 was a classic of the genre.
Meath v Westmeath 2015
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2023, 05:30:44 PM
Every so often a big team is taken out in the championship , usually because they aren't as good as people expect.
Meath v Westmeath 2015

I've been at a few that we lost against the odds:

Dublin v Meath 1964
Dublin v Kerry 1975
Dublin v Kerry 1978
Dublin v Donegal 1992
Dublin v Derry 1993
Dublin v Down 1994
Dublin v Donegal 2014
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Blowitupref

Teams

DUBLIN

S Cluxton
D Newcombe
M Fitzsimons
C Murphy
B Howard
J Small
L Gannon
B Fenton
J McCarthy
N Scully
S Bugler
C Kilkenny
P Mannion
C O'Callaghan
C Costello.

Subs: D O'Hanlon, C Basquel, T Lahiff, S McMahon, G McEneaney, R McGarry, P O'Cofaigh-Byrne, L O'Dell, K O'Gara, D Rock, P Small.

KILDARE

M Donnellan
M O'Grady
S Ryan
E Doyle
D Hyland
K Flynn
J Sargent
K O'Callaghan
A Masterson
P McDermott
P Cribbin
A Beirne
K Feely
D Kirwan
P Woodgate.

Subs: A O'Neill, T Archbold, D Flynn, B Coffey, B Gibbons, D Malone, N Flynn, M Joyce, B McCormack, R Houlihan, M Kelly.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 02, 2023, 06:46:33 PM
Meath v Westmeath 2015

Dublin v Meath 1964
Dublin v Kerry 1975
Dublin v Kerry 1978
Dublin v Donegal 1992
Dublin v Derry 1993
Dublin v Down 1994
Dublin v Donegal 2014

2012 v Mayo surely the same as Donegal in 14
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

imtommygunn

Not sure how much those 90s ones to ulster teams would be shocks - maybe the first one.

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 02, 2023, 07:48:48 PM
Teams

DUBLIN

S Cluxton
D Newcombe
M Fitzsimons
C Murphy
B Howard
J Small
L Gannon
B Fenton
J McCarthy
N Scully
S Bugler
C Kilkenny
P Mannion
C O'Callaghan
C Costello.

Subs: D O'Hanlon, C Basquel, T Lahiff, S McMahon, G McEneaney, R McGarry, P O'Cofaigh-Byrne, L O'Dell, K O'Gara, D Rock, P Small.

KILDARE

M Donnellan
M O'Grady
S Ryan
E Doyle
D Hyland
K Flynn
J Sargent
K O'Callaghan
A Masterson
P McDermott
P Cribbin
A Beirne
K Feely
D Kirwan
P Woodgate.

Subs: A O'Neill, T Archbold, D Flynn, B Coffey, B Gibbons, D Malone, N Flynn, M Joyce, B McCormack, R Houlihan, M Kelly.
Not 100% sure, but I think there's a rule that you can only play lads named in the 26, so that suggests Kilkenny and McCarthy have recovered from their knocks but David Byrne has not. Didn't think Kilkenny would make it, but glad he has. I'd guess Basquel will start, maybe holding Kilkenny back till needed, or maybe Mannion dropped.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: larryin89 on June 02, 2023, 07:56:01 PM
Meath v Westmeath 2015

Dublin v Meath 1964
Dublin v Kerry 1975
Dublin v Kerry 1978
Dublin v Donegal 1992
Dublin v Derry 1993
Dublin v Down 1994
Dublin v Donegal 2014

I don't think that too many Dubs supporters were too optimistic in 2012. We weren't used to thinking in terms of two in a row back then.

Hound

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 02, 2023, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 02, 2023, 07:56:01 PM
Meath v Westmeath 2015

Dublin v Meath 1964
Dublin v Kerry 1975
Dublin v Kerry 1978
Dublin v Donegal 1992
Dublin v Derry 1993
Dublin v Down 1994
Dublin v Donegal 2014

I don't think that too many Dubs supporters were too optimistic in 2012. We weren't used to thinking in terms of two in a row back then.
Yeah 2014 we were flying. 2012 we were waiting to be beaten. Mayo did us a favour.

imtommygunn

I honestly believe 2014 was the making of you. You got destroyed and gavin learned a lot from it.

Hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 02, 2023, 10:04:03 PM
I honestly believe 2014 was the making of you. You got destroyed and gavin learned a lot from it.
Ah yeah, there's no denying that. Just that it was a big shock at the time.