Tour de France 2022

Started by ONeill, July 06, 2022, 04:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Heartbreaking for Kämna. Pogacar looks so strong. Jonas looks the best of the rest.

markl121

Thought jonas had him there. Fair play to pog he dug deep

bennydorano

Tour has been very entertaining so far but Pog could make it very boring very quickly.  Also, if WVA or Pogacar were British or rode for INEOS they'd be torn to shreds everywhere but all is quiet .... although I did unfollow Ewan & Diggerforum who were responsible for a helluva lot of innuendo & rumour tbf.

Tony Baloney

I watched the Tour from the mid 80s up until about 8 year ago or so when it was clear how dirty Sky were. Now I'm back to watching and don't think twice whether they are dirty or clean.

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 08, 2022, 09:17:03 PM
I watched the Tour from the mid 80s up until about 8 year ago or so when it was clear how dirty Sky were. Now I'm back to watching and don't think twice whether they are dirty or clean.
Because you don't care or you think cycling is now clean?

The rumours that are currently following Liverpool fc about are pretty much what Sky were at with TUEs (Theraputic Use Exemption). I'd safely say professional football is way more clued in on how to get away it.

oakleaflad

Quote from: bennydorano on July 08, 2022, 06:12:50 PM
Tour has been very entertaining so far but Pog could make it very boring very quickly.  Also, if WVA or Pogacar were British or rode for INEOS they'd be torn to shreds everywhere but all is quiet .... although I did unfollow Ewan & Diggerforum who were responsible for a helluva lot of innuendo & rumour tbf.
I think with Pogacar still only being 23 there's a hope that he's just a generational talent as opposed to the big improvements we saw from Froome in his late 20's.

markl121

Pogacar and the general performances of Slovenians in recent years is very suspicious. WVA winning on sprints, mountains and TTs is mutant also. I love cycling, but also know most of what I'm watching is chemically enhanced.
Genuinely think pogacar could win all 5 monuments too.

yellowcard

Quote from: markl121 on July 10, 2022, 01:22:54 PM
Pogacar and the general performances of Slovenians in recent years is very suspicious. WVA winning on sprints, mountains and TTs is mutant also. I love cycling, but also know most of what I'm watching is chemically enhanced.
Genuinely think pogacar could win all 5 monuments too.

That's exactly how I would see it. If it seems too good to be true then it probably is and Pogacar has links with Giannetti who has a doping history. However at least he was a talented junior and didn't take a massive performance spike unlike Froome. It was the PR bullshit that Froome and his Sky media cheerleaders spun that irked the most.

markl121

Sky getting tour wins with Froome, wiggins and Thomas because of "marginal gains" is laughable. I actually think Bernal is a proper talent.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 09, 2022, 10:33:05 AM

The rumours that are currently following Liverpool fc about are pretty much what Sky were at with TUEs (Theraputic Use Exemption). I'd safely say professional football is way more clued in on how to get away it.
Lots of clubs seem to have a proportionally higher number of asthmatics than the national average.

Re. the cycling I rationalise my enjoyment by assuming that everyone is an equal opportunities offender.

ONeill

Poor Kamna misses out again!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

markl121

Hopefully a proper GC shootout tomorrow and pogacar gets tested in the altitude and the heat

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 10, 2022, 03:15:43 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 09, 2022, 10:33:05 AM

Lots of clubs seem to have a proportionally higher number of asthmatics than the national average.

Re. the cycling I rationalise my enjoyment by assuming that everyone is an equal opportunities offender.

For sure they are all dirty. Problem is some benefit from it more than others. So the playing field isn't exactly level. The Tour has always had problems with cheating from people in the early days getting lifts, to drugs and electric bikes. I doubt there has ever been a clean winner.
You just need to believe your eyes, What Armstrong was able to do, riding away up the hill. Froome from nowhere, whole thing is a sham.

oakleaflad

Mathieu Van Der Poel abandoned today - clearly not himself

oakleaflad