You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: general_lee on August 08, 2022, 10:17:08 AM
How do I stop her indoors from moving things around the house and denying ever touching them? Things with designated spots too, back door key, the iron, phone charger etc. anyone else encounter this and how do I make it stop?
Divorce her. It's the only practical solution.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

general_lee

Quote from: Lucifer on August 08, 2022, 11:09:09 AM
How do I stop her indoors from moving things around the house and denying ever touching them? Things with designated spots too, back door key, the iron, phone charger etc. anyone else encounter this and how do I make it stop?

Can you carry out an experiment on our behalf, and then let us know how it goes?

Start putting these items in absurd places, but places that she will come across naturally over the course of the day.  For example, put the iron in with the cereals.  Put the phone charger in with the salt and pepper.  The back door key on top of the kettle.  You get it at this stage.  Don't do it once, just keep putting them in these places repeatedly.  Eventually she might suggest keeping them somewhere a little more sensible and once she has come up with this great idea, you can join in and hopefully find your way back to the designated areas. 

Just to keep things fresh, every now and then accidentally return something to an absurd spot, and apologise profusely when pulled on it.
Mgiht try this, once I find them that is...

Jell 0 Biafra

I have a basket over the fireplace that has all the stuff that I need to know where it is. Headphones, charger, sunglasses, remotes for stuff that only I use.   Works pretty well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 08, 2022, 02:53:01 PM
I have a basket over the fireplace that has all the stuff that I need to know where it is. Headphones, charger, sunglasses, remotes for stuff that only I use.   Works pretty well.

Have you not got a man drawer? What is wrong with people?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

How could I have one of those when every drawer in the house is full of her stuff?

Eamonnca1

This is every woman ever. My wife is notorious for it. It's incurable.

She's also a persistent loser of her phone. I've had to set up my own phone to be able to find hers.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 08, 2022, 02:53:01 PM

I have a similar thing. It's a fancy big chalice, but it contains all sorts of handy stuff. Work badge, wallet, change, chargers, etc. She never goes near it.

marty34

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 08, 2022, 09:27:54 PM
This is every woman ever. My wife is notorious for it. It's incurable.

She's also a persistent loser of her phone. I've had to set up my own phone to be able to find hers.

Yeah, car keys are the worst.

Easy to hang them up behind the door when she comes in. Easy to do but is it? Not a chance.

I put them down somewhere...on the table I think, no, on the worktop, no, wait, they're in the back door, blah, blah, blah.

So frustrating when you're in a rush!

Eamonnca1

We have a designated magnetic hook inside the door for the car keys, but I still see them cropping up in all sorts of random places.

ONeill

I see patties are starting to replace burgers over this side of the water. Was only a matter of time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

ONeill

It's the burger meat. Heard it once at the start of the summer, then again this morning. Yanks call it that. Maybe it'll pass.

But I also shudder when I hear:

roasties (It's roasted potatoes)
toasties (It's toasted sandwiches)
chippy/chipper (It's a chip shop)
peno. (It's a penalty ffs)

So it's probably me who has the problem.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnnycool

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2022, 12:25:20 PM
It's the burger meat. Heard it once at the start of the summer, then again this morning. Yanks call it that. Maybe it'll pass.

You must love Chrimbo then  ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2022, 01:17:22 PM

You must love Chrimbo then  ;D

Dafuq sorta chrmbo dinner you eatin Jonny 😉😃

HiMucker

I have an issue with this one. I see them as two different things. I dont really like toasties, well most toasties, which has its contents melted while the bread is toasted, like in a toastie maker. A toasted sandwich to me, which I prefer, is the bread toasted and then the contents for inside added after.  Saves you getting 1st degree burns from a nuclear hot tomato as well.