Ooh Ah Up The Ra

Started by illdecide, October 14, 2022, 09:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

How could they be revolutionary if the words don't matter?

NormPeterson

I'd never heard of The Cranberries until the singer died. Maybe they are more popular with southerners or maybe you have to be of a certain age to know them. I remember hearing that Zombies song on the radio and I thought it was a Sinead O'Connor song.

Similar to the band Aslan, I never heard of that band until i saw them on the late late show a few years ago.

Wildweasel74

G, what music do you listen to.?

AustinPowers

Quote from: NormPeterson on September 27, 2023, 07:36:36 PMI'd never heard of The Cranberries until the singer died. Maybe they are more popular with southerners or maybe you have to be of a certain age to know them. I remember hearing that Zombies song on the radio and I thought it was a Sinead O'Connor song.

Similar to the band Aslan, I never heard of that band until i saw them on the late late show a few years ago.

What??? How old are you?

You need educating.  Go listen to   their first two albums,  then report back here for further instructions

Itchy

She had a fine voice Dolores, but her lyrics were infantile and like something you'd read in a primary school poetry contest.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 27, 2023, 09:43:08 PMG, what music do you listen to.?
I'd ask the same question to anyone that never heard of the Cranberries or needed the see the Late late show to have heard of Aslan.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: NormPeterson on September 27, 2023, 07:36:36 PMI'd never heard of The Cranberries until the singer died. Maybe they are more popular with southerners or maybe you have to be of a certain age to know them. I remember hearing that Zombies song on the radio and I thought it was a Sinead O'Connor song.

Surprised you never heard of them, but yeah, Dolores definitely modeled her voice on Sinead.

grounded

Micheal Martin cleared it all up there!
     Good IRA vs bad IRA
 https://twitter.com/bbctheview/status/1717659548960403772 

Itchy

Wasn't it great to see a journalist actually ask the smarmy git the question. He didn't like it very much either. Imagine journalists in the south did their jobs and asked him a question like that the odd time

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on October 27, 2023, 02:09:21 PMWasn't it great to see a journalist actually ask the smarmy git the question. He didn't like it very much either. Imagine journalists in the south did their jobs and asked him a question like that the odd time
What a gobshite. Cork where allowed to fight for freedom but Armagh and Tyrone? Na forget them

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2023, 03:10:03 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 27, 2023, 02:09:21 PMWasn't it great to see a journalist actually ask the smarmy git the question. He didn't like it very much either. Imagine journalists in the south did their jobs and asked him a question like that the odd time
What a gobshite. Cork where allowed to fight for freedom but Armagh and Tyrone? Na forget them

Yep , that's about  the height of it.

The old IRA tickled  the Brits out of the  26 with a big feather duster , so they  did. Oh , how they  scratched on that big boat  back to Holyhead

ONeill

What an interview that was.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Brendan

Carruthers needs to replace Nolan, actually balanced and doesn't let the interviewee blag their way out of the tough questions

grounded

" just calm it now "  the face on Micheal. Carruthers takes no nonsense.