Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 24, 2022, 06:34:32 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 24, 2022, 04:36:10 PM
https://gript.ie/actually-fine-gael-is-out-of-step-with-the-public-not-mattie-mcgrath/

Pure & utter nonsense from FG, fair play to rural independents for highlighting this. Country is turning into a leftie cesspit.

The correct answer is probably along the lines of

"We don't see our incoming numbers ever swelling to significant figures; therefore we do not want to discourage anyone thinking of coming here at this time.

Of course, we cannot foresee the future, so if that changes, then maybe this house will need to debate it. But for now, the bigger problem is Ukrainians being put off by a perceived cold welcome and staying somewhere that puts them at risk."

Fair enough interpretation of the issue, although in the medium to long term can see potential hazards expressed by Carol Nolan. Resource issue with a quick rise in population, access to healthcare,  proper housing, education etc. These are areas where we were struggling prior to the war. We should accept a percentage of Ukrainians based on our population & their access to key resources.

bennydorano

There seems to be some decent Ukrainian gains in this counter offensive- bearing in mind twitter is the source and there's not much pro Russian stuff in my feed.

HiMucker

I've been following the whole thing from the start. Morbidly fascinated, and I get why people switch off. The writing has been on the wall for the Russians for a long time but what has happened over the last week, and especially over the last 24 hrs has been spectacular and catastrophic in equal measure from a Ukraine and Russian perspective. The Russian army is on the verge of collapse. This could even be the beginning of the end of the Russian federation. Phillips O'brien, Mike Martin, trent telenko are good follows for info on twitter if you're not already on them.

bennydorano

Cheers, only following Telenko from those 3, Thomas C Theiner @noclador is very good too.

See the Nuclear station is a worry again. That could end up being the biggest takeaway from this whole shit show and ironically could give Putin his cover excuse to leave Ukraine.

LeoMc

Mark Urban of the BBC had been good in the early days also.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: HiMucker on September 09, 2022, 10:45:26 PMThe writing has been on the wall for the Russians for a long time but what has happened over the last week, and especially over the last 24 hrs has been spectacular and catastrophic in equal measure from a Ukraine and Russian perspective. The Russian army is on the verge of collapse. This could even be the beginning of the end of the Russian federation.

Agree with all of that.

I suppose the unknown is; will it be another February 1917 Revolution, or will the Federation splinter up?
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

It's OK, it is a regroup not a rout.
The (Russian) Defense Ministry said it had pulled forces out of the village of Balakliya and the strategically crucial city of Izyum in the Kharkiv region, after a decision to "regroup" and transfer them to Donetsk in the south.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: armaghniac on September 10, 2022, 04:31:55 PM
The (Russian) Defense Ministry said it had pulled forces out of the village of Balakliya and the strategically crucial city of Izyum in the Kharkiv region, after a decision to "regroup" and transfer them to Donetsk in the south.

HAHAHAHA

Ahh, the very same kinda regrouping as their withdrawals earlier as "peaceful gestures"!!

Comical Ali job all right  ;D
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 10, 2022, 07:28:28 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 10, 2022, 04:31:55 PM

HAHAHAHA

Ahh, the very same kinda regrouping as their withdrawals earlier as "peaceful gestures"!!

Comical Ali job all right  ;D

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

If this development is sustained it should help with inflation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Unfortunately I would say it is a big if. Would expect some twists here.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on September 11, 2022, 10:49:12 AM
If this development is sustained it should help with inflation.

That's really funny!

haranguerer

As noted earlier by Benny I'm sure there's not much pro-russian stiff on anyones feed - so surely have to take these optimistic scenarios with a massive pinch of salt...

imtommygunn

Yeah I read another take on it which was not quite so optimistic. Have to be wary what you believe her like you say as there's a lot of propaganda either way. Hope that's just paranoia and the main news is correct mind you.

screenexile

MacKenna says it's only a small win so that's clearly all it is!