Joe Brolly has discussion with Jamie Bryson

Started by imtommygunn, October 31, 2021, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

He's doing an article / debate with Jamie Bryson about the psni. Jesus :o

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 20, 2021, 01:46:39 PM
The problem is, you can have analysis, or you can have entertainment. It's hard to get both.

Thats showbiz baby!
i usse an speelchekor

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2021, 06:28:09 PM
He's doing an article / debate with Jamie Bryson about the psni. Jesus :o
Why not? that's the stuff Joe should be doing more of, engaging with people of the ideological ilk of Jamie Bryson. He's made for that type of debate.  He has no IRA 'baggage' per se, no political baggage either, is absolutely uninhibited by convention, is capable of rational debate, being provocative and entertaining. I reckon he could wind up the dogmatic unionists  no end and come out smelling of roses.
Anything, but have him on tv, posturing for attention as a GAA pundit.

Franko

Brolly is innumerable levels above that moron and shouldn't be debating with him as an equal.

It only serves to legitimise the blue bin gobshite.

yellowcard

Maybe this is a space that Brolly is moving into now, he seems to be doing more political pieces in his newspaper columns recently now that he has been sidelined by RTE. He is more articulate and clever than 99% of the politicians but his biggest problem is with his presentation of the arguments, he just rubs too many people up the wrong way in order to stay in the limelight. I don't see that changing. 

Truth hurts

Brolly totally destroyed young Bryson without raising his voice, Joe is too cute to get dragged into a  slanging match with him. I think he actually pities Jamie tbh
I do think Joe would make an excellent politician or President.

Saffronaldo

Where can I watch/listen to this?

Truth hurts

search unionist voice on youtube

tiempo

Has wee Seamy failed to upload the whole thing? Going off the comments.

Truth hurts

It finished very abruptly

yellowcard

Who knows what happened after it ended, Bryson hardly got a word in edgeways during that time. In a one on one interview format Brolly is always good listening as he has nobody else to interrupt. 

tiempo

Nice of Seamy to make an appearance on the Joe Brolly show lol, total passenger
Summed up beautifully in a 25 second motif on the 29min mark, tried to make a point but reversed directly into a waiting hot steaming pile of sh1te of his own making
Very little chat on the RUC/PSNI

Jeremiah O

Jamie now knows how Lyster,Spillane and O'Rourke struggled to get a word in edgeways!
Unconquered and unconquerable

andoireabu

Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!