China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Similar to the jewish community in the 1930s.... I repeat... the 1930s

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/1933-1939-early-stages-of-persecution/
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

J70

So are childhood vaccine mandates equivalent to Nazi Germany anti-Jewish policies?

Is it morally reprehensible to demand that kids be vaccinated against measles and polio and so on before a school will accept them?

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on August 17, 2022, 05:52:51 PM
So are childhood vaccine mandates equivalent to Nazi Germany anti-Jewish policies?

Is it morally reprehensible to demand that kids be vaccinated against measles and polio and so on before a school will accept them?

This comparison with Jews in the 1930s is offensive to people that were really persecuted. If you didn't wear any clothes then you would not be allowed in a hotel, this does not mean that you are persecuted it just means that you need to put on some clothes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

grounded

Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2022, 03:42:24 PM
Toronto Star front page from a year ago

https://twitter.com/turtology/status/1430978243079847939?s=20&t=tlRSxAyt24TcSWUGJWWS7w

Wasn't it both fascinating and terrifying to witness. A real study of the human condition.
          Just scroll back through some of the posts on this topic! Some well informed posters were advocating that those not Covid 19 vaccinated should;
       be refused medical treatment, loose their jobs, be prevented  from attending schools or universities, be isolated from the rest of society and be fined and/or imprisoned.
       We had quite a few distasteful almost gleeful posts about people who had refused to take the vaccine but had succumbed to the disease directly or from complications arising from infection. 
        I suppose i shouldn't have been surprised, on an anonymous online forum, at the level of vitriol directed at any dissenters.
       However, it was incredible to see how quickly a minority grouping could be vilified by the media and blamed for the spread of the virus and how quickly that filtered down through all levels of society
       It went from everyone clapping for NHS workers to outcries for them to lose their jobs if they didn't get vaccinated. All in the space of a few months.

From the Bunker

Quote from: grounded on August 17, 2022, 07:15:56 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2022, 03:42:24 PM
Toronto Star front page from a year ago

https://twitter.com/turtology/status/1430978243079847939?s=20&t=tlRSxAyt24TcSWUGJWWS7w

Wasn't it both fascinating and terrifying to witness. A real study of the human condition.
          Just scroll back through some of the posts on this topic! Some well informed posters were advocating that those not Covid 19 vaccinated should;
       be refused medical treatment, loose their jobs, be prevented  from attending schools or universities, be isolated from the rest of society and be fined and/or imprisoned.
       We had quite a few distasteful almost gleeful posts about people who had refused to take the vaccine but had succumbed to the disease directly or from complications arising from infection. 
        I suppose i shouldn't have been surprised, on an anonymous online forum, at the level of vitriol directed at any dissenters.
       However, it was incredible to see how quickly a minority grouping could be vilified by the media and blamed for the spread of the virus and how quickly that filtered down through all levels of society
       It went from everyone clapping for NHS workers to outcries for them to lose their jobs if they didn't get vaccinated. All in the space of a few months.

Superb post

armaghniac

Both make sense, you thank people for doing their job properly while not having toleration for those who do not. Perhaps you would rather this happened to teachers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

grounded

Quote from: armaghniac on August 17, 2022, 09:52:58 PM

Both make sense, you thank people for doing their job properly while not having toleration for those who do not. Perhaps you would rather this happened to teachers.

In what sense were those un c19 vaccinated health care workers not doing their job properly?

I'm not sure what the ref is regarding teachers? (I'm not a teacher) but i thought for the most part they did/do a superb job under very trying conditions.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 17, 2022, 12:17:05 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Where does the Toronto Star front page fit into your upside down Pyramid?

Gabriel_Hurl

theskull1

Public Health Infighting | Cancelling Leana Wen Over Small Disagreements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcx6e9lhag&t=140s

Someone who in the early stages believe in full lockdowns and school closure who now has changed her mind believing that we now need to live with Covid19. Public health campaigners want her cancelled for now holding a different opinion. Not normal people  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: theskull1 on August 18, 2022, 01:11:36 AMNot normal people  :-\

as opposed to the people comparing the last couple of years to how the Jews were treated by nazis

lenny

A lot of people think this is a mild virus and they got over it no problem but...

Millions of people who have had Covid-19 still face a higher risk of neurological and psychiatric conditions, including brain fog, dementia and psychosis, two years after their illness, compared with those who have had other respiratory infections, according to the single largest study of its kind.

They also face an increased risk of anxiety and depression, the research suggests, but this subsides within two months of having Covid-19. The findings are published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on August 18, 2022, 07:55:27 AM
A lot of people think this is a mild virus and they got over it no problem but...

Millions of people who have had Covid-19 still face a higher risk of neurological and psychiatric conditions, including brain fog, dementia and psychosis, two years after their illness, compared with those who have had other respiratory infections, according to the single largest study of its kind.

They also face an increased risk of anxiety and depression, the research suggests, but this subsides within two months of having Covid-19. The findings are published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal.

Work colleague of mine, some underlying conditions has been off for that last 2 weeks with covid, he's not hospitalised but did need to go to A&E.

He's not in he's no wages, so this isnt a handy wee staying off. Some people are getting it bad

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 08:45:24 AM

Work colleague of mine, some underlying conditions has been off for that last 2 weeks with covid, he's not hospitalised but did need to go to A&E.

He's not in he's no wages, so this isnt a handy wee staying off. Some people are getting it bad

It's an n=1 but it gives a little credence to my assertion that we should take personal responsibility for our health and not blame everyone else for our ills.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2022, 10:07:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 08:45:24 AM

It's an n=1 but it gives a little credence to my assertion that we should take personal responsibility for our health and not blame everyone else for our ills.

Some people believe that includes taking a vaccine for a serious illness.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit