Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

O hare has to play. Yes Kane is good but it would be a big call to take him in after the 3 games o hare has had. But a good position to be in with 2 really good keepers

Gilmore has to start. BOH not smart enough for a 10-12. Thought he was poor today for long periods

O hare
Magill
Mcevoy
McCarthy
Brannigan
McParland
Laverty
Donnelly
Murdock
Dougherty
Donnacha
Millar
Kerr
Havern
Gilmore

Good bench
Kane
McCarthey
O Hagan
Rooney
Annett

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 15, 2023, 05:41:17 PM
O hare has to play. Yes Kane is good but it would be a big call to take him in after the 3 games o hare has had. But a good position to be in with 2 really good keepers

Gilmore has to start. BOH not smart enough for a 10-12. Thought he was poor today for long periods

O hare
Magill
Mcevoy
McCarthy
Brannigan
McParland
Laverty
Donnelly
Murdock
Dougherty
Donnacha
Millar
Kerr
Havern
Gilmore

Good bench
Kane
McCarthey
O Hagan
Rooney
Annett

I'd be very surprised if Conor Francis doesn't start and Barry OHagan will definitely start, think Gilmore will be used off the bench
nil satis nisi optimum

urbangael

Lav not sure of his best 15 which is obviously understandable at this stage. I'd say about 10 are nailed on to start the first game in Tipp with 5 places up for grabs. Forwards just not on it as much today and I'd like to see early shots for points a bit more. Not sure if we have a forward who'll consistently score 5 or 6 points a game. We created about 6 goal chances which is really encouraging. Don't think the officials helped us much today. Few soft frees for Derry especially the equaliser. Linesmen just a joke. Confident of strong promotion push on the evidence of what I've seen from the 3 Mckenna cup games.

downtothecore

I wud say ross carr will feature also. He was good against Monaghan and wide add physically to the rearguard

5times5times

Have the 2 Johnstons and OHare retired??

ardtole

For tipp game
OHare
Fegan/Magill
McEvoy
Laverty
McCormack
McPartland
Francis
Murdock
Donnelly
Kerr
McAleenan
?
Ohagan
Havern
Gilmore

redandblackareback

Quote from: 5times5times on January 15, 2023, 06:56:59 PM
What O'Hare are you talking about? The Johnston's won't be involved there is animosity between their family and Laverty. We are better without them anyway terrible attitude. 

Mourne Rover

Very encouraging display from Down against the Ulster champions, matching them all the way until the penalty shoot out which produced probably the ideal result for us. We didn't particularly want to risk injuries or suspensions from a relatively meaningless McKenna final against Tyrone, and instead we have two clear weeks to prepare for the crucial trip to Tipperary. The intensity and organisation of the Down squad is well capable of taking us to promotion, and we will also learn the lessons from today's draw. We were a little tentative when McKaigue was sent off with 20 minutes left and only scored three points in that period. McEvoy had an outstanding game but was throwing himself into tackles when he was on a yellow card, with Gallagher in the ear of the linesman throughout, and gave the ref the opportunity to even the sides up even before he also presented Derry with a last kick equaliser from a non-contact free. We have a fine central spine emerging through O'Hare, McEvoy, McParland, Donnelly, Murdock, McAleenan and Havern, and, with a decent defence also developing, a few more scores from O'Hagan, Kerr and Gilmore can take us to the next level. Laverty and his coaches have done an exceptional job so far.

Truth hurts

Quote from: redandblackareback on January 15, 2023, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on January 15, 2023, 06:56:59 PM
What O'Hare are you talking about? The Johnston's won't be involved there is animosity between their family and Laverty. We are better without them anyway terrible attitude.

Why?

The 3 should be on the panel if not the team.

Smurfy123

Anyone know why John O Hare hasn't been about the squad this 2/3 years

He's been a revelation this 3 games

That was a major problem under Tally and McCartan last year

Kane and Burns have a fight to regain the number 1

SticksandStones

I think he hung up the boots for a couple of years and only came back when Glen where struggling for numbers. That's what i heard anyway, it may be incorrect

County Star

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 16, 2023, 09:44:30 AM
Anyone know why John O Hare hasn't been about the squad this 2/3 years

He's been a revelation this 3 games

That was a major problem under Tally and McCartan last year

Kane and Burns have a fight to regain the number 1

John O'Hare played in the McKenna cup games last year
Burns is not good enough imo
Keepers will be Kane, OHare, Smyth

5times5times

Catching up with the highlights on BBC, seems like Doherty has carried on his diving traits from Kilcoo.. McKauige barely laid a glove on him yet Doherty went down like he was shot.

Truth hurts

Great performance and great crowd, good to see the magpie faithful back in Newry but can they wear Down gear instead of Kilcoo gear please.

razor

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 16, 2023, 10:30:52 AM
Great performance and great crowd, good to see the magpie faithful back in Newry but can they wear Down gear instead of Kilcoo gear please.

Only when the dinosaurs at the top table of the county board disappear.