Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

CBS defence very strong. Very good in possession and tactical seem to be way ahead. Bit anticlimactic now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

gallsman

The two lads in the FF line looked decent (that mark as good a catch as you'll see all year) but other than that they had nothing.

Very, very strong Omagh side. Terrific achievement.

Blowitupref

Back to back Hogan Cups for Omagh school thanks to a strong 2nd half display.  FT CBS Omagh 3-14 Mercy Mounthawk 0-11
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

Two big wins in both their Hogans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

marty34

Well done Omagh. Plenty of talent coming through.

smort

Is the all-star team still decided by trial matches?

Just seen the team posted there and no players from Omagh, Dungannon or Donaghmore

Kidder81

Quote from: smort on April 09, 2024, 10:34:38 PMIs the all-star team still decided by trial matches?

Just seen the team posted there and no players from Omagh, Dungannon or Donaghmore

Yeah, well the hurling definitely is & I assume the football is the same. They are a nonsense

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 09, 2024, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: smort on April 09, 2024, 10:34:38 PMIs the all-star team still decided by trial matches?

Yeah, well the hurling definitely is & I assume the football is the same. They are a nonsense
I'm sure the argument is that good players on shit teams may get overlooked. Sore on boys that have a good campaign but have a poor trial.

bennydorano

There were 2 x trials days with 60 students from Colleges at A,B & C grades at it, think 4 per school are invited. The 2nd trial took place the Wed after the Hogan. Tony Scullion in charge.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on April 09, 2024, 11:43:36 PMThere were 2 x trials days with 60 students from Colleges at A,B & C grades at it, think 4 per school are invited. The 2nd trial took place the Wed after the Hogan. Tony Scullion in charge.

Was there not county u20 fixtures on that Wednesday if I remember rightly?

Don't think trials the best way to do it imo, give it for actual performances. Lads probably enough football with county minor/u20 games starting and club leagues as well.

square_ball

Perhaps a mix of trials and actual performances would be a better system to pick the team. Omagh are back to back MacRory and Hogan Cup winners and have had 1 all star in the last 2 years. Daly and McCullagh missing out on all stars shows the current system doesn't work.

lurganblue

Quote from: square_ball on April 10, 2024, 08:18:20 AMPerhaps a mix of trials and actual performances would be a better system to pick the team. Omagh are back to back MacRory and Hogan Cup winners and have had 1 all star in the last 2 years. Daly and McCullagh missing out on all stars shows the current system doesn't work.

Pretty damming that.

Duine Inteacht Eile

I don't think there is a fairer system than the trials but the timing of them is poor.
Omagh didn't send players to the trials because it was just before the Hogan Cup final?

Milltown Row2

Picking players from the players that turn up at the trials has been done for years, schools parents and players know this.

Why is it a problem now?

My wee Johnny didn't get picked?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Duine Inteacht Eile

I think the issue is that Omagh were in the Hogan final a couple of days after the trials and therefore their players didn't attend.
At least that's what I heard. That should be easily avoided.