Author Topic: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022  (Read 1741 times)

shark

• View Profile
Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2022, 08:31:54 AM »
I have Spain backed to win it since the Euros. I think their posession football in the extreme conditions will be effective in tiring teams out.

Will it be that hot in November?

i would love global qualifying  it be interesting see ireland  having to play a match in Bolivia imagine Ireland playing USA in a qualifier it be a great trip for some people  but it would probably too hard logistically to have teams like cook islands come to Europe.  you would would probably have to have the weaker teams stay in regions then when 80 is left have a global qualifying tournament.

Would only benefit the mid tier UEFA nations. Not inconceivable that all bar 1 of the UEFA teams will make the second round this year. Brazil’s group is the only one where a UEFA team will almost certainly fall. If there was global qualifying you’d probably have 20 of the 32 from Europe.

Mikhail Prokhorov

• View Profile
Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2022, 12:54:49 PM »
I have Spain backed to win it since the Euros. I think their posession football in the extreme conditions will be effective in tiring teams out.

Will it be that hot in November?

i would love global qualifying  it be interesting see ireland  having to play a match in Bolivia imagine Ireland playing USA in a qualifier it be a great trip for some people  but it would probably too hard logistically to have teams like cook islands come to Europe.  you would would probably have to have the weaker teams stay in regions then when 80 is left have a global qualifying tournament.

Would only benefit the mid tier UEFA nations. Not inconceivable that all bar 1 of the UEFA teams will make the second round this year. Brazil’s group is the only one where a UEFA team will almost certainly fall. If there was global qualifying you’d probably have 20 of the 32 from Europe.

global qualifying would work if there was no seeding