TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: thebigfella on January 14, 2022, 04:55:11 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on January 14, 2022, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 14, 2022, 12:55:45 PM
Ozark season 4 is coming Next week on Netflix. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't watched to get involved from the start. Just finished Dopesick on star. But jumpy back and forth for me but what a story of Big Pharm and the drug Oxycontin. You will understand Americas suspicion of Big pharma is not unfounded after watching this.

Didn't realise Ozark is out next week, another great show.

Dark Waters another film with Mark Ruffalo shining a light on on the rotten nature of big pharma.

It's about DuPont who are not a pharma company.
A mere detail, both companies share the ignominy of the title 'scum of the earth'.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on January 16, 2022, 01:24:26 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 14, 2022, 04:55:11 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on January 14, 2022, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 14, 2022, 12:55:45 PM
Ozark season 4 is coming Next week on Netflix. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't watched to get involved from the start. Just finished Dopesick on star. But jumpy back and forth for me but what a story of Big Pharm and the drug Oxycontin. You will understand Americas suspicion of Big pharma is not unfounded after watching this.

Didn't realise Ozark is out next week, another great show.

Dark Waters another film with Mark Ruffalo shining a light on on the rotten nature of big pharma.

It's about DuPont who are not a pharma company.
A mere detail, both companies share the ignominy of the title 'scum of the earth'.
I hope you don't prop up either industry by using any of their goods.

J70

Good luck avoiding the purchase of anything from a megacorporation like DuPont.

blewuporstuffed

Started watching 1883 which is the prequal to Yellowstone.
A post civil war era western. Basically how the Dutton family came to own the land and ranch in Montana.
Enjoying it so far.
Sam elliot is excellent and the young girl that plays Elsa is set to be  star.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thewobbler

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 17, 2022, 08:36:48 AM
A post civil war era western. Basically how the Dutton family came to own the land and ranch in Montana.
Enjoying it so far.

It's the best new show I've seen in years. The story is a cobbled together version of a dozen settler movies but it's better acted, better paced, better presented than anything in the genre. And you're right about Elsa Dutton; what a screen presence. Just owns it.

Main Street

Quote from: thewobbler on January 17, 2022, 10:36:13 PM
Enjoying it so far.

It's the best new show I've seen in years. The story is a cobbled together version of a dozen settler movies but it's better acted, better paced, better presented than anything in the genre. And you're right about Elsa Dutton; what a screen presence. Just owns it.
For 1883 I am impressed with the $50,000 worth of perfect shiny white teeth some of those filthy cowboys have glistening when they offer a  toothy grin to the luscious Elsa.

thewobbler

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2022, 12:57:15 AM
Enjoying it so far.

For 1883 I am impressed with the $50,000 worth of perfect shiny white teeth some of those filthy cowboys have glistening when they offer a  toothy grin to the luscious Elsa.

Really?

Is it okay when beautiful people with perfect teeth take on every other major role in cinema and TV? Or where is your magic line in historical productions when it become acceptable for actors not to knock out their teeth for a part?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on January 19, 2022, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2022, 12:57:15 AM
Enjoying it so far.

Really?

Is it okay when beautiful people with perfect teeth take on every other major role in cinema and TV? Or where is your magic line in historical productions when it become acceptable for actors not to knock out their teeth for a part?

Why do certain actors put on a lot of weight, or lose a lot of weight for certain roles? Play the part and if it is 1883 at least darken down the pearly whites
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

watched the Nottingham Forest show on Netflix, brilliant. What they achieve will never happen again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2022, 10:19:49 PM
watched the Nottingham Forest show on Netflix, brilliant. What they achieve will never happen again

Clough was an absolute genius.
Have either Derby or Forest won anything of any sort outside of his successes?

Main Street

RTE have struck theater gold with the Tommy Tiernan interviews, though as a money earner I doubt that it could be sold on to other countries.
Every show this season has had compulsive viewing, more so in the talks with Barry McGuigan and Bernadette McAliskey and this Saturday with headliner Roger Daltry.
The total absence of show bizz has an appeal of its own.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Main Street on January 22, 2022, 11:03:05 PM
RTE have struck theater gold with the Tommy Tiernan interviews, though as a money earner I doubt that it could be sold on to other countries.
Every show this season has had compulsive viewing, more so in the talks with Barry McGuigan and Bernadette McAliskey and this Saturday with headliner Roger Daltry.

Absolutely world class

Rudi

Quote from: Main Street on January 22, 2022, 11:03:05 PM

Said it before,  absolutely fantastic presenter, he listens & is totally unscripted. Tubridy is robotic & hampered by his time restraints.

bennydorano

Responder on BBC1 is excellent, Martin Freeman just nails it (as he always does), very intense stuff.

Milltown Row2

He's very good. So far so good

Watching I, sniper: The Washington killers. Unreal, remember it well at the time but this joins all the dot's