TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but Drive to Survive is a great watch on Netflix.  Looking forward to the F1 season after years ignoring it. Probably glad I did with Hamilton cleaning up. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on January 14, 2022, 12:31:58 PM
What's The Last Kingdom like on Netflix? Thinking of diving in to that, seems to have got good reviews.

Loved it, its not Vikings but takes a different view from the same period of Vikings
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 14, 2022, 02:10:40 PM
Is the Witcher worth a go?

I liked it - the 1st series takes a bit of concentration with different timelines involved. Magic, wars and monsters would summarise it. Wife couldn't into it at all.

nrico2006

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on January 14, 2022, 02:31:58 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 14, 2022, 02:10:40 PM
Is the Witcher worth a go?

I liked it - the 1st series takes a bit of concentration with different timelines involved. Magic, wars and monsters would summarise it. Wife couldn't into it at all.

I liked it too, but as mentioned with those type of medieval/fantasy shows, hard to keep up with the different tribes/races as well as the names.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2022, 01:40:56 PM
What's The Last Kingdom like on Netflix? Thinking of diving in to that, seems to have got good reviews.

Loved it, its not Vikings but takes a different view from the same period of Vikings

Agree with yes. I couldn't get enough of Vikings a few years back and this definitely helped to fill a big void when I was waiting in a new season. Definitely worth a watch.

Another show I watched recently was Outer Banks, doubt it has won any awards and although I'm not to hard to please I really enjoyed it.

On the same note I'm currently watching the latest season of Cobra Kai...can not get enough of that show!

J70

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 14, 2022, 12:55:45 PM
Ozark season 4 is coming Next week on Netflix. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't watched to get involved from the start. Just finished Dopesick on star. But jumpy back and forth for me but what a story of Big Pharm and the drug Oxycontin. You will understand Americas suspicion of Big pharma is not unfounded after watching this.

Think I got to the early parts of season 3, got distracted by something else, and never got back to it.

I thought Ozark was decent, but not great. Something enjoyable enough to watch, but not exactly riveting tv.

It just never grabbed me like, say, the first couple of Fargo seasons, or The Sopranos, or Breaking Bad or stretches of the early seasons of The Walking Dead, where I couldn't wait for the next episode.

Basically not a show I would binge watch with all the choices we have these days.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on January 14, 2022, 02:55:19 PM

Agree with yes. I couldn't get enough of Vikings a few years back and this definitely helped to fill a big void when I was waiting in a new season. Definitely worth a watch.

Another show I watched recently was Outer Banks, doubt it has won any awards and although I'm not to hard to please I really enjoyed it.

On the same note I'm currently watching the latest season of Cobra Kai...can not get enough of that show!

I see there is a Viking film coming out, Northman, trailers (as you'd expect) look good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2022, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 14, 2022, 02:55:19 PM

I see there is a Viking film coming out, Northman, trailers (as you'd expect) look good

Take my money!

nrico2006

Ray Donovan movie out today, love that show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thebigfella

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 14, 2022, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 14, 2022, 12:55:45 PM
Ozark season 4 is coming Next week on Netflix. Highly recommend anyone who hasn't watched to get involved from the start. Just finished Dopesick on star. But jumpy back and forth for me but what a story of Big Pharm and the drug Oxycontin. You will understand Americas suspicion of Big pharma is not unfounded after watching this.

Didn't realise Ozark is out next week, another great show.

Dark Waters another film with Mark Ruffalo shining a light on on the rotten nature of big pharma.

It's about DuPont who are not a pharma company.

JPGJOHNNYG

Watching junior bake off with my daughter and really enjoying it however it's basically a bunch of 9 yr olds and then one 13 yr old who is winning everything. How the feck is that fair. 3/4 yrs is a massive difference at that age.

Main Street

Now the documentaries are about The Rolling Stones on BBC4, altogether brilliant.   I never knew there was such violence directed against police and general total mayhem at their gigs all around Europe, years  before Altamont.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

nrico2006