TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on November 06, 2012, 01:11:14 PM
Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

Like ballinaman said I dunno how anyone could be disappointed with the episode especially the last ten minutes, you'd be a very hard man to please if you are let down.

Ask the Missus about me...  ;)

Syferus

Didn't expect the ending of episode four of The Walking Dead to have that much of an impact. It elicited an intensity of emotion that the series, and indeed most other shows, never had before.

Season 3 so far has been all hues of brilliant, and to be fair every since the mid-season break in season 2 the pace of the show has been near perfect. Definitely long passed the boat scene and Southern Comfort in the shower type of stuff that peppered the first season with unintended comedy. One of the very best shows on TV now and such a great combination of action, atmosphere and character.

tbrick18

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2012, 11:34:12 PM
Didn't expect the ending of episode four of The Walking Dead to have that much of an impact. It elicited an intensity of emotion that the series, and indeed most other shows, never had before.

Season 3 so far has been all hues of brilliant, and to be fair every since the mid-season break in season 2 the pace of the show has been near perfect. Definitely long passed the boat scene and Southern Comfort in the shower type of stuff that peppered the first season with unintended comedy. One of the very best shows on TV now and such a great combination of action, atmosphere and character.

+1
Did not see that coming. Probably the best episode to date. The series has be unreal and each episode leaves you wanting more and tells another chunk of the story. Andrew Lincoln has come a long way since Teachers and Love Actually. He can really act.

Celt_Man

Oh holy shite, just watched the lastest episode of Walking Dead - CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Without a doubt, the best episode yet and Season 3 has been absolutely excellent so far.

First half of season 2 dragged a bit but definitely no such complaints this time around... Unbelievable Jeff...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

bennydorano

I've noticed a few people going on about Walking Dead, can someone explain to me why they think it's good? Gave up on it as i thought it was pure dung, offers nothing that hasn't been done  to death already (& better) on film.

Watched US Inbetweeners, borderline watchable.

Celt_Man

Quote from: bennydorano on November 10, 2012, 02:43:56 PM
I've noticed a few people going on about Walking Dead, can someone explain to me why they think it's good? Gave up on it as i thought it was pure dung, offers nothing that hasn't been done  to death already (& better) on film.

I suppose the tension is there throughout the Walking Dead but it's a zombie Apocalypse story on a small personal level which holds the interest so well

Celt_Man

Just started watching the first episode of Hell on Wheels - have the whole first season on Sky + so I'll give it a good rattle the next few days

Armaghgeddon

Started watching a show called Fringe, I would liken it to the X Files but more emphasis on science rather than out of this world explanations.

thewobbler

The best thing about the Walking Dead is that the man behind it (Frank Darabont) is very good at both building tension and delivering unexpected outcomes. I've little time for zombie shows and some of the acting and dialogue in the show are at the lowest imaginable levels. But I love the fact that main characters can and will be killed as standard.

The same man did The Mist. Most people hated this film; personally I think it's one of the best climaxes to a film ever made.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on November 11, 2012, 12:15:37 AM
Started watching a show called Fringe, I would liken it to the X Files but more emphasis on science rather than out of this world explanations.

Great show - one of my favourites so much so that I am not watching it week by week and letting it instead build up on my Sky +

(Isn't Sky + just the best thing ever by the way)

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 11, 2012, 12:57:41 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on November 11, 2012, 12:15:37 AM

Great show - one of my favourites so much so that I am not watching it week by week and letting it instead build up on my Sky +

(Isn't Sky + just the best thing ever by the way)

I am watching them all online, although have a 6 hour trip back to Ireland on boat in a few weeks so saving some for that.

Syferus

Quote from: thewobbler on November 11, 2012, 12:27:11 AM

The best thing about the Walking Dead is that the man behind it (Frank Darabont) is very good at both building tension and delivering unexpected outcomes. I've little time for zombie shows and some of the acting and dialogue in the show are at the lowest imaginable levels. But I love the fact that main characters can and will be killed as standard.

The same man did The Mist. Most people hated this film; personally I think it's one of the best climaxes to a film ever made.

Darabont was sacked by AMC early in season 2. It was an incredibly poor show by AMC.

Ironically the show has noticeably improved under Glen Mazzara so AMC really lucked out on that front, if things had got worse there'd have been a fan-boy uprising.

ziggy90

Why the fcuk am I still watching Blue Bloods??? Is anyone else? Watched the series two finale of Romanzo Criminale the other evening, a really enjoyable, watchable gangster tale. There was no messy ending, just good old fashioned story telling although there was an opening left for a further series. Doe's anyone know if there are plans for a series three?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

laoislad

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 10, 2012, 11:48:56 PM
Just started watching the first episode of Hell on Wheels - have the whole first season on Sky + so I'll give it a good rattle the next few days

Excellent show. Just finished season 2.

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 11, 2012, 09:52:08 AM
Why the fcuk am I still watching Blue Bloods??? Is anyone else? 

Yeah I watch still watch Blue Bloods,I'm onto season 3 now.
It's harmless enough and very cheesy but I like it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggy90

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2012, 10:30:08 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 10, 2012, 11:48:56 PM

Excellent show. Just finished season 2.

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 11, 2012, 09:52:08 AM
Why the fcuk am I still watching Blue Bloods??? Is anyone else? 

Yeah I watch still watch Blue Bloods,I'm onto season 3 now.
It's harmless enough and very cheesy but I like it.

That's it, I know I shouldn't like it but I do. I was hoping it would end after season 2 but I suppose I'll suffer on.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered