TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Watched the pilot episode of Alcatraz last night, didn't blow me away.

Going to watch the new Keifer Sutherland show when it starts, apparently very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Just finished a BBC boxset called  Shadow Line with Stephen Rea and Christopher Ecclestone in it. About gangland crime and the police.............. well worth a watch. 7 x 1hour episodes meant imo it didn't flag in the middle like alot of tv series' do. Nice ending to it.

Watched first episode of season 5 Dexter last night........... a slowish  start  (understandable I suppose after the ending to S4)to the series, hope it picks up.

Minder

Quote from: Canalman on March 16, 2012, 12:44:17 PM
Just finished a BBC boxset called  Shadow Line with Stephen Rea and Christopher Ecclestone in it. About gangland crime and the police.............. well worth a watch. 7 x 1hour episodes meant imo it didn't flag in the middle like alot of tv series' do. Nice ending to it.

Watched first episode of season 5 Dexter last night........... a slowish  start  (understandable I suppose after the ending to S4)to the series, hope it picks up.

Yeah it was shown on the BBC last week, really enjoyed it. You wouldn't like to meet Gatehouse in a dark alley.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Finished series 1 of Friday Night Lights recently. Great show. Already started watching the 2nd and have 3, 4 and 5 downloaded as well.

5 Sams

Another top class documentary from TG4.... Gaeil Nua Eabhrac...1st episode last night and another to come this Friday.
The Aristocrat Years

nrico2006

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 20, 2012, 07:45:57 PM
Finished series 1 of Friday Night Lights recently. Great show. Already started watching the 2nd and have 3, 4 and 5 downloaded as well.

Have the first season recorded, but only watched the 1st episode.  Pure copy of Varsity Blues.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

I have the first season of Luck recorded.

Have only watched the first episode so far. Reasonably good without being fantastic. Lot of feckin mumbling going on though which makes it a bit hard to follow at times!

With the second season being cancelled now because of dead horses, is it worth watching the remainder of the first season?

Minder

Quote from: Hound on March 21, 2012, 09:30:59 AM

Have only watched the first episode so far. Reasonably good without being fantastic. Lot of feckin mumbling going on though which makes it a bit hard to follow at times!

With the second season being cancelled now because of dead horses, is it worth watching the remainder of the first season?

I gave it the bullet yesterday on the Sky planner, because the 2nd series is cancelled and the mumbling, which was infuriating.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Minder on March 21, 2012, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 21, 2012, 09:30:59 AM

I gave it the bullet yesterday on the Sky planner, because the 2nd series is cancelled and the mumbling, which was infuriating.

Yea same here for the same reasons, that and the wife constantly asking me what was going on...
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Mad Men is back this week - it's felt like an age since we last watched it.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Was at a loose end with mid season Hiatus' and the like so decided to get my teeth into another series. Almost through the first series of 30 Rock and I have to say I'm quite impressed. Having never found a woman genuinely funny I have to say Tina Fey has surprised me in that she has crested and written the entire show. I think there are 6 series so that's the next months viewing taken care of!

Celt_Man

Jaysus I can't fecking wait for the new season of Games of Thrones...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Billys Boots

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 27, 2012, 03:32:39 PM

Well I've read the second book, and I can tell you (without fear of spoilers) that it's bloodier, gorier and nastier than the first one.  Am looking forward to it myself I must say. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 27, 2012, 04:31:06 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 27, 2012, 03:32:39 PM

Well I've read the second book, and I can tell you (without fear of spoilers) that it's bloodier, gorier and nastier than the first one.  Am looking forward to it myself I must say.

Actually think I'm gonna wait and let the episodes build up on the auld Sky Plus and watch a heap of them together...  The first season of the Wire should keep me occupied till then...  Almost a shame to have bright evenings now when you have that to look forward to
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2012, 03:21:37 PM
Was at a loose end with mid season Hiatus' and the like so decided to get my teeth into another series. Almost through the first series of 30 Rock and I have to say I'm quite impressed. Having never found a woman genuinely funny I have to say Tina Fey has surprised me in that she has crested and written the entire show. I think there are 6 series so that's the next months viewing taken care of!
Up to series SE, Consistently funny show