TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

American Fall season started last night so some good stuff beginning again shortly Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, House etc. Good stuff!!

Doogie Browser

I see Modern Family cleaned up at the Emmys, does anyone watch this?

Megaman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 20, 2011, 12:22:08 PM

Yeah, really enjoy it.

Some good shows i enjoy starting soon, Modern Family, How i met your mother, and Boardwalk Empire.

EDIT - Didnt realise Raising Hope is starting so soon as well. - Love it

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Megaman on September 20, 2011, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 20, 2011, 12:22:08 PM

Yeah, really enjoy it.

Some good shows i enjoy starting soon, Modern Family, How i met your mother, and Boardwalk Empire.

EDIT - Didnt realise Raising Hope is starting so soon as well. - Love it
When is Boardwalk Empire back on Sky Atlantic?

Megaman

Tony Baloney

New Two and a Half Men tonight on Comedy Central with Ashton Kutcher.

Megaman

dont normall watch too much TV but last night watched

First two episodes of How i met your mother
First Eisode of Raising Hope
First Episode of Glee  :-[
and a episode of Happy Endings

Firs two episodes of Modern Family on tonight.  :-\

Santino

That new comedy/drama Fresh Meat (by writers of Peep Show i believe) on Channel 4 was v good last night. Jack Whitehall was great in it.

laoislad

Watched the first episode of Terra Nova the new Spielberg TV series.
Promising so far,and there is a scatter of hot women in it so that's always a bonus.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Santino on September 23, 2011, 12:31:52 PM
That new comedy/drama Fresh Meat (by writers of Peep Show i believe) on Channel 4 was v good last night. Jack Whitehall was great in it.
Thought it was great. Cross between Inbetweeners and Peep Show.

Celt_Man

Aye looking forward to Terra Nova - double episode on Monday to kick it off on Sky 1.

Just after finishing the first season of Falling Skies - about the aftermath of an Alien invasion and occupation.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, as good a show as I've seen in a while.  Action sequences are well put to together and don't have the "TV show with not as much money as a movie" look.  The focus on a family struggle could have ended up being a dose to watch but didn't become overbearing and was handled well.  Looking forward to season 2.

Pity there was only 10 episodes made - think TV studios are being a lot more cagey these days and not ordering first seasons of 20+ episodes
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

laoislad

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 28, 2011, 05:30:59 PM
Aye looking forward to Terra Nova - double episode on Monday to kick it off on Sky 1.

Just after finishing the first season of Falling Skies - about the aftermath of an Alien invasion and occupation.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, as good a show as I've seen in a while.  Action sequences are well put to together and don't have the "TV show with not as much money as a movie" look.  The focus on a family struggle could have ended up being a dose to watch but didn't become overbearing and was handled well.  Looking forward to season 2.

Pity there was only 10 episodes made - think TV studios are being a lot more cagey these days and not ordering first seasons of 20+ episodes

Yeah I thought Falling Skies was excellent. Terra Nova has potential the first episode was decent I thought.
The Event was also another I watched recently,also very good and I hope there is a second series.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Celt_Man

Quote from: laoislad on September 28, 2011, 05:39:57 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on September 28, 2011, 05:30:59 PM

Yeah I though Falling Skies was excellent. Terra Nova has potential the first episode was decent I thought.
The Event was also another I watched recently,also very good and I hope there is a second series.

Aye watched the first couple of episodes of The Event when it was first aired over here but for whatever reason I forgot of it - must take a run at it again
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Megaman

Falling skies was really good.

looking forward to watching Terran nova

has anyone watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire, watched it alst night.

J OGorman

Quote from: Megaman on September 29, 2011, 09:58:38 AM
Falling skies was really good.

looking forward to watching Terran nova

has anyone watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire, watched it alst night.

good man, cheers for the reminder...downloading now