TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Any reports on The Borgias on Sky Atlantic on Saturday night? I missed it, but the first 2 episodes are on tonight.

Hashtag

Does anyone watch 'Beaver Falls'?

Billys Boots

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 29, 2011, 10:32:58 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on July 29, 2011, 12:07:04 AM
Three episodes into the new series of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I am impressed. The third episode, Palestinian Chicken, was the best so far and one of my favourites of the whole lot. Good to see Funkhouser getting in on the act more.

First episode of Entourage down as well, not really much happening, just a recap/refresher of what happened. Look forward to the rest of the series now they can get into some proper story arcs. Hope it doesn't turn into a whole will they / won't they they with E and Sloane.
Watched the first two curbs last night - still worth watching and a few great scenes, but I can't see it extending much longer and that's probably for the best.  Something the Entourage makers shoud have figured about around season 5 (that or killed off Eric).

Yeah, this season is probably it for 'Curb'; DJ's right, Eps 3 and 4 are much better than the first two.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Iceman

Started watching Sons of Anarchy. Only got a few episodes in so far but its a solid show, some very strong characters and story lines.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ballinaman

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Hilarious D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Don Johnson

Iceman it is a decent show but gets very cheesey and cringey (is that a word?) when the Irish come into it!

Its Always Sunny is a brilliant show.

Anyone watch Game Of Thrones? Have them downloaded.

Billys Boots

QuoteAnyone watch Game Of Thrones? Have them downloaded.

Yeah, read the book on my holidays - it was interesting, if a bit nerdy.  So I decided to have a look at the TV adaptation - it wasn't bad; have to say I enjoyed it, though it wouldn't normally be my kind of thing. 

The Iceman

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 25, 2011, 05:05:46 PM
Iceman it is a decent show but gets very cheesey and cringey (is that a word?) when the Irish come into it!

Its Always Sunny is a brilliant show.

Anyone watch Game Of Thrones? Have them downloaded.

On to Season 2 and there is a bit of cheese but its geared towards the American Plastic Paddy market. I take it for what it is.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 25, 2011, 05:12:13 PM
QuoteAnyone watch Game Of Thrones? Have them downloaded.

Yeah, read the book on my holidays - it was interesting, if a bit nerdy.  So I decided to have a look at the TV adaptation - it wasn't bad; have to say I enjoyed it, though it wouldn't normally be my kind of thing.
They're looking extras at the minute if your interested. Fella in work is growing a beard for it later in the year. He looks like a tr**p.

Archie Mitchell

Series 4 of Sons of Anarchy and Series 7 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia just started again.

Any other good comedies out there? Recently downloaded Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm to watch next.

Forever Green

Any word on when the second series of Boardwalk Empire begins over here? I think its showing in the states at the end of this month. Absolutely loved the 1st series

gallsman

Suits - American legal drama/comedy. Enjoyed the first season.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Forever Green on September 19, 2011, 11:09:59 PM
Any word on when the second series of Boardwalk Empire begins over here? I think its showing in the states at the end of this month. Absolutely loved the 1st series

Starts back this Sunday in America. Get it downloaded or stream it Monday.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 20, 2011, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: Forever Green on September 19, 2011, 11:09:59 PM

Starts back this Sunday in America. Get it downloaded or stream it Monday.

Now that's good news.