Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 1225321 times)

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #19410 on: August 17, 2022, 05:05:56 PM »
If you were not part of the cohort who did not get vaccinated, you were treated socially like a Jew in 1930's Germany.

I presume this is a piss take? If not lay down in darkened room.

You don't think so? My wife was refused entry to an after burial reception in a Hotel for her cousin who died in her mid 40. We we put under huge pressure for my mother in laws 80th birthday which my wife arranged. I walked by pubs/restaurants/cafes for months. Cinema's did not exist for myself or my children. Sport Ireland threatened and denied my kids from playing competitive Basketball games. No foreign holidays. We could stay in a Hotel, but not eat breakfast there. We could drink at a wedding in the main hall, but not in the public bar or foyer. Every public movement required thought.

Take a tour of Auschwitz some day to see how stupid of comparison that is and downright insulting to Jewish that suffered.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #19411 on: August 17, 2022, 05:11:54 PM »
If you were not part of the cohort who did not get vaccinated, you were treated socially like a Jew in 1930's Germany.

I presume this is a piss take? If not lay down in darkened room.

You don't think so? My wife was refused entry to an after burial reception in a Hotel for her cousin who died in her mid 40. We we put under huge pressure for my mother in laws 80th birthday which my wife arranged. I walked by pubs/restaurants/cafes for months. Cinema's did not exist for myself or my children. Sport Ireland threatened and denied my kids from playing competitive Basketball games. No foreign holidays. We could stay in a Hotel, but not eat breakfast there. We could drink at a wedding in the main hall, but not in the public bar or foyer. Every public movement required thought.

Take a tour of Auschwitz some day to see how stupid of comparison that is and downright insulting to Jewish that suffered.

Auschwitz was built in 1940!

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #19413 on: August 17, 2022, 05:46:38 PM »
Similar to the jewish community in the 1930s.... I repeat... the 1930s

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/1933-1939-early-stages-of-persecution/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:49:50 PM by theskull1 »
Itís a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #19414 on: August 17, 2022, 05:52:51 PM »
So are childhood vaccine mandates equivalent to Nazi Germany anti-Jewish policies?

Is it morally reprehensible to demand that kids be vaccinated against measles and polio and so on before a school will accept them?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #19415 on: August 17, 2022, 06:16:15 PM »
So are childhood vaccine mandates equivalent to Nazi Germany anti-Jewish policies?

Is it morally reprehensible to demand that kids be vaccinated against measles and polio and so on before a school will accept them?

This comparison with Jews in the 1930s is offensive to people that were really persecuted. If you didn't wear any clothes then you would not be allowed in a hotel, this does not mean that you are persecuted it just means that you need to put on some clothes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #19416 on: August 17, 2022, 07:15:56 PM »
Toronto Star front page from a year ago

https://twitter.com/turtology/status/1430978243079847939?s=20&t=tlRSxAyt24TcSWUGJWWS7w

Wasn't it both fascinating and terrifying to witness. A real study of the human condition.
          Just scroll back through some of the posts on this topic! Some well informed posters were advocating that those not Covid 19 vaccinated should;
       be refused medical treatment, loose their jobs, be prevented  from attending schools or universities, be isolated from the rest of society and be fined and/or imprisoned.
       We had quite a few distasteful almost gleeful posts about people who had refused to take the vaccine but had succumbed to the disease directly or from complications arising from infection. 
        I suppose i shouldn't have been surprised, on an anonymous online forum, at the level of vitriol directed at any dissenters.
       However, it was incredible to see how quickly a minority grouping could be vilified by the media and blamed for the spread of the virus and how quickly that filtered down through all levels of society
       It went from everyone clapping for NHS workers to outcries for them to lose their jobs if they didn't get vaccinated. All in the space of a few months.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:17:35 PM by grounded »

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #19417 on: August 17, 2022, 09:31:12 PM »
Toronto Star front page from a year ago

https://twitter.com/turtology/status/1430978243079847939?s=20&t=tlRSxAyt24TcSWUGJWWS7w

Wasn't it both fascinating and terrifying to witness. A real study of the human condition.
          Just scroll back through some of the posts on this topic! Some well informed posters were advocating that those not Covid 19 vaccinated should;
       be refused medical treatment, loose their jobs, be prevented  from attending schools or universities, be isolated from the rest of society and be fined and/or imprisoned.
       We had quite a few distasteful almost gleeful posts about people who had refused to take the vaccine but had succumbed to the disease directly or from complications arising from infection. 
        I suppose i shouldn't have been surprised, on an anonymous online forum, at the level of vitriol directed at any dissenters.
       However, it was incredible to see how quickly a minority grouping could be vilified by the media and blamed for the spread of the virus and how quickly that filtered down through all levels of society
       It went from everyone clapping for NHS workers to outcries for them to lose their jobs if they didn't get vaccinated. All in the space of a few months.

Superb post

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #19418 on: August 17, 2022, 09:52:58 PM »

Both make sense, you thank people for doing their job properly while not having toleration for those who do not. Perhaps you would rather this happened to teachers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #19419 on: August 17, 2022, 10:55:07 PM »

Both make sense, you thank people for doing their job properly while not having toleration for those who do not. Perhaps you would rather this happened to teachers.

In what sense were those un c19 vaccinated health care workers not doing their job properly?

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #19420 on: August 17, 2022, 11:08:30 PM »
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Where does the Toronto Star front page fit into your upside down Pyramid?

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #19421 on: Today at 12:40:42 AM »
 ::)

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: Today at 01:11:36 AM »
Public Health Infighting | Cancelling Leana Wen Over Small Disagreements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcx6e9lhag&t=140s

Someone who in the early stages believe in full lockdowns and school closure who now has changed her mind believing that we now need to live with Covid19. Public health campaigners want her cancelled for now holding a different opinion. Not normal people  :-\
Itís a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #19423 on: Today at 01:54:25 AM »
Not normal people  :-\

as opposed to the people comparing the last couple of years to how the Jews were treated by nazis