Previous topic - Next topic

North Man

Any folk hear any feedback on Cabu lodges in Cavan

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2022, 11:37:42 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2022, 10:56:43 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2022, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2022, 09:34:02 AM
Same as above really I'd say bring a few disposable BBQ's as they have an area out the back for it.

Not sure if you have to book the swimming pool but it's first class and make sure you don't miss out.

Depends on the kids ages what to book really. There's a pedal boat job if they're young or a kayak if a bit older which are good craic. It's first class you should really enjoy it.

I'm not sure on the prices for the week but I heard its expensive, Would the camps in France be similar in price or more expensive? No offence to Longford and its surrounding areas which are lovely but weather wise and campsites I'd rather pay that bit extra.. The price for a family of 4 in July is nearly £3000 at Centrepark in Longford

That seems expensive of the activities and food is extra.
Booked a week all inclusive in Turkey, July peak season £4500. Huge big resort waterpark etc.

I punched in the dates and that's what came up, I'm only saying this because as a family if you asked my adult kids now if they look back at their best holidays it was the parcs in France/Spain/Italy even better than the clatter of Disney hols,  we did them for 2 weeks, Longford are looking nearly £3000 for a week!

Centreparcs in Europe were generally cheaper than UK , maybe had less activities available. But Uk+ Longford are exorbitant

bigarsedkeeper

Same as above really I'd say bring a few disposable BBQ's as they have an area out the back for it.

Not sure if you have to book the swimming pool but it's first class and make sure you don't miss out.

Depends on the kids ages what to book really. There's a pedal boat job if they're young or a kayak if a bit older which are good craic. It's first class you should really enjoy it.

I'm not sure on the prices for the week but I heard its expensive, Would the camps in France be similar in price or more expensive? No offence to Longford and its surrounding areas which are lovely but weather wise and campsites I'd rather pay that bit extra.. The price for a family of 4 in July is nearly £3000 at Centrepark in Longford

Booked a week all inclusive in Turkey, July peak season £4500. Huge big resort waterpark etc.

I punched in the dates and that's what came up, I'm only saying this because as a family if you asked my adult kids now if they look back at their best holidays it was the parcs in France/Spain/Italy even better than the clatter of Disney hols,  we did them for 2 weeks, Longford are looking nearly £3000 for a week!

I did Eurocamp in Brittany when the kids were younger and it was great too. Took the car on the ferry from Rosslare and was able to tour about. The parks we went to then are nearly the same price now for peak season and the better cabins as Longford is, maybe €2.5k, but the boat price is €2k nearly now compared to about €800 4 years ago. We looked at a few places this year but couldn't get a decent deal anywhere. Bella Italia was working out near 4.5k (flights included) for a week and no food.

Booked all inclusive next year in Tenerife for less but couldn't get a deal for this summer. Might go mad and book something late on for August.

Rudi

Downings is really going to miss you this year ;D ;D ;D

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: delgany on May 17, 2022, 11:50:59 AM

Centreparcs in Europe were generally cheaper than UK , maybe had less activities available. But Uk+ Longford are exorbitant

They certainly are at peak time. If you can go off peak season there can be deals from 600-900 euro for 4 nights. Not bad for a 3 bedroom lodge. Wouldn't pay the summer or holiday prices though.

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on May 17, 2022, 11:58:24 AM

Downings is really going to miss you this year ;D ;D ;D

Never again. Talk about overrated.

TabClear

Where about in Turkey Trailer and is it for a family of 4? A friend of mine was there a couple of years ago at a all inclusive resort with water park and said it was unreal but I think he paid about half that though!  :o Wondering if prices have increased that much!

RedHand88

Have heard €10k being thrown about for a family sized treehouse in centreparc. Anyone paying that to stay in Longford needs psychiatric help.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 17, 2022, 02:27:05 PM
Have heard €10k being thrown about for a family sized treehouse in centreparc. Anyone paying that to stay in Longford needs psychiatric help.

That's madness - a good deposit on a wee holiday home there.

trailer

Quote from: TabClear on May 17, 2022, 02:02:41 PM

Where about in Turkey Trailer and is it for a family of 4? A friend of mine was there a couple of years ago at a all inclusive resort with water park and said it was unreal but I think he paid about half that though!  :o Wondering if prices have increased that much!

5 of us.
https://granada.com.tr/luxury-belek-en

Dunno what it'll be like but we've heard fairly good reports.

An Watcher

Flying with Aer Lingus in the Summer and in a bit of a dilemma whether or not to pre book the seats. 80 euros for a family of 4 is an expense I would rather do without considering we'd more than likely be seated together anyway.  It's the worry that with a 4 year old and a 7 year old we wouldn't

PMG1

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 17, 2022, 11:56:08 AM

I did Eurocamp in Brittany when the kids were younger and it was great too. Took the car on the ferry from Rosslare and was able to tour about. The parks we went to then are nearly the same price now for peak season and the better cabins as Longford is, maybe €2.5k, but the boat price is €2k nearly now compared to about €800 4 years ago. We looked at a few places this year but couldn't get a decent deal anywhere. Bella Italia was working out near 4.5k (flights included) for a week and no food.

Booked all inclusive next year in Tenerife for less but couldn't get a deal for this summer. Might go mad and book something late on for August.

Booking ahead is the key, I have 4 of us in a 6 bed good quality mobile in a great site in South East France, on the med, camp site next to a great beach, flying Ryanair, 20 nights from 22nd June total cost c€3,100 plus $500 for car hire. Have been to the site twice before, great spot, good restaurants on site and in town which is just outside the camp site, lovely pools, great entertainment at night and all the usual on site like kids clubs (mine are all too old for that now), football pitch's, tennis, etc... but booked all last July and booked the flights when they came out in November

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: PMG1 on May 18, 2022, 01:25:23 AM

Booking ahead is the key, I have 4 of us in a 6 bed good quality mobile in a great site in South East France, on the med, camp site next to a great beach, flying Ryanair, 20 nights from 22nd June total cost c€3,100 plus $500 for car hire. Have been to the site twice before, great spot, good restaurants on site and in town which is just outside the camp site, lovely pools, great entertainment at night and all the usual on site like kids clubs (mine are all too old for that now), football pitch's, tennis, etc... but booked all last July and booked the flights when they came out in November
same. book flights way in advance then accommodation the moment it is available for booking and then

trying to book centre parcs now for july/august is madness. most people going there got it for half that price and booked 9 months ago. they will always keep one or two lodges free for people prepared to pay crazy money.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 18, 2022, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on May 18, 2022, 01:25:23 AM

same. book flights way in advance then accommodation the moment it is available for booking and then

trying to book centre parcs now for july/august is madness. most people going there got it for half that price and booked 9 months ago. they will always keep one or two lodges free for people prepared to pay crazy money.

The problem with this summer was a lot of people didn't risk booking last year because of covid restrictions etc and the worry of losing out. There was still a lot of uncertainty. We looked for this summer but ended up just booking ahead for next year.

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 17, 2022, 12:03:23 PM
Quote from: delgany on May 17, 2022, 11:50:59 AM

They certainly are at peak time. If you can go off peak season there can be deals from 600-900 euro for 4 nights. Not bad for a 3 bedroom lodge. Wouldn't pay the summer or holiday prices though.

Going to Center Parcs Longford for 3 nights in the last weekend of August before school starts again. cost €899 for a 3 bed lodge and that was booking it last October.