Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Sugar, there was a newspaper article a month or 2 ago about Spain dropping all entry requirements but apparently they reversed that decision near immediately. Not going to effect me but a few mates heading to a wedding. One even had covid but not registered to get the recovery certificate.

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2022, 09:06:24 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 09, 2022, 09:02:17 AM
What is current situation to get into Spain regarding Covid? Anybody been lately, do you have to have Vax or recovery certificate or have they abandoned that?

Thought they want you vaxed/boosted before going in?

At the minute yeah but they're talking about changing the rules after 15th May.

Kidder81

Quote from: bennydorano on May 09, 2022, 09:32:45 AM
Sugar, there was a newspaper article a month or 2 ago about Spain dropping all entry requirements but apparently they reversed that decision near immediately. Not going to effect me but a few mates heading to a wedding. One even had covid but not registered to get the recovery certificate.

You aren't always asked for anything, just a risk to take.

bennydorano

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 09, 2022, 02:08:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 09, 2022, 09:32:45 AM

You aren't always asked for anything, just a risk to take.
At the airport even? I was in Tenerife in January and every Vax cert was scanned

heffo

Was in Spain during the week, you need to show the EU Digital Covid cert or complete the same passenger locator form that was needed earlier in the year

gallsman

If you have your vaccination cert, simply present it after passport control.

If not, you've to fill out a health control form.

All quite simple.

lurganblue

Do's and Dont's for Centre Parcs, Longford? Booked to go at the end of August.  We were due to go in the summer of 2020 but that didnt happen of course.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2022, 01:47:52 PM
Do's and Dont's for Centre

Parcs, Longford? Booked to go at the end of August.  We were due to go in the summer of 2020 but that didnt happen of course.

Bring bikes
Have itinerary planned and get it booked as soon as you can when it opens (think 6 wks before)
Don't go too mad on booking activities. Have time for walks/ bike rides around the site. Sometimes too much booked in has you running around stressed instead of enjoying.
Bring food!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2022, 01:47:52 PM
Do's and Dont's for Centre Parcs, Longford? Booked to go at the end of August.  We were due to go in the summer of 2020 but that didnt happen of course.

Haven't been to Longford but did Whinfell in the Lake District a couple of times.
Bring your own bikes if you can
Book a few activities but don't go too mad, it can be costly - we did the birds of prey stuff, kids loved it
You can lose a lot of time there in the pools depending on your kids ages - our ones went every day
We always planned a day or 2 out but I've no idea what's local to Longford to do
Food can be expensive so maybe plan that out

screenexile

Same as above really I'd say bring a few disposable BBQ's as they have an area out the back for it.

Not sure if you have to book the swimming pool but it's first class and make sure you don't miss out.

Depends on the kids ages what to book really. There's a pedal boat job if they're young or a kayak if a bit older which are good craic. It's first class you should really enjoy it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2022, 09:34:02 AM
Same as above really I'd say bring a few disposable BBQ's as they have an area out the back for it.

Not sure if you have to book the swimming pool but it's first class and make sure you don't miss out.

Depends on the kids ages what to book really. There's a pedal boat job if they're young or a kayak if a bit older which are good craic. It's first class you should really enjoy it.

I'm not sure on the prices for the week but I heard its expensive, Would the camps in France be similar in price or more expensive? No offence to Longford and its surrounding areas which are lovely but weather wise and campsites I'd rather pay that bit extra.. The price for a family of 4 in July is nearly £3000 at Centrepark in Longford
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I booked 4 nights there in September. It's actually not that bad money wise(600 odd euro) but it's non school time so that is likely why. I thought it would be a rip off but saw some photos from other people and it looked really good and thought considering it wasn't that dear. Our wee boy will be 3 then so there looks to be a good bit he can do and the swimming pool will occupy him rightly.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2022, 09:45:38 AM

I'm not sure on the prices for the week but I heard its expensive, Would the camps in France be similar in price or more expensive? No offence to Longford and its surrounding areas which are lovely but weather wise and campsites I'd rather pay that bit extra.. The price for a family of 4 in July is nearly £3000 at Centrepark in Longford
Thats crazy money is it not?

trailer

That seems expensive of the activities and food is extra.
Booked a week all inclusive in Turkey, July peak season £4500. Huge big resort waterpark etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2022, 10:56:43 AM

That seems expensive of the activities and food is extra.
Booked a week all inclusive in Turkey, July peak season £4500. Huge big resort waterpark etc.

I punched in the dates and that's what came up, I'm only saying this because as a family if you asked my adult kids now if they look back at their best holidays it was the parcs in France/Spain/Italy even better than the clatter of Disney hols,  we did them for 2 weeks, Longford are looking nearly £3000 for a week!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea