Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

Looked a wide ball from sitting in the stand - would like to see it again in TV but from watching in stand looked wide. In saying that Dromore were poor enough, shooting stupid places and Errigal had more of a score threat. Don't see Carrickmore getting near them going by the other semi final

Aaron Boone

It's a hard Championship to retain.

Moonshine

Quote from: WT4E on October 16, 2022, 08:32:05 PM
I never really thought the errigal balls was a thing but after that game I think there must be something in it.
By far the better team but seem to start to cave down the straight. Maybe carrickmore will have a good chance.

The driving rain and wind might of played a part

sidelineball

PMG1

Was definitely wide, was on the terrace and it was wide. Super proud of our lads, put a serious shift in and a few wayward shots (and a dodgy umpire) cost us. Thought Meehan was very sore on us, if you touched a Canavan at all they got a free, last one before half time when Daragh kicked a wide was ridiculous. Serious quality game in the conditions which were horrendous, Errigal started strong and looked good, we wore them down and got back into it before half time. Some bad wides and turnovers in the first 15 of second half hurt us, but I felt we deserved at least a draw. Good luck to Errigal in the final, would be surprised if they didn't win it but they have bottled it before. Have to say Daragh Canavan was outstanding 

square_ball

Darragh Canavan has been good on the frees the last few weeks. Worth a shot next year at them surely? I didn't think he had that in his locker to be honest.

charlieTully

Watched the game online. It definitely looked wide.

OrchardOrange

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 16, 2022, 08:45:20 PM
Looked a wide ball from sitting in the stand - would like to see it again in TV but from watching in stand looked wide. In saying that Dromore were poor enough, shooting stupid places and Errigal had more of a score threat. Don't see Carrickmore getting near them going by the other semi final

Like Culloville in Armagh, Carrickmore are a team that should have no right to be anywhere near any final as their football is pure doirt to watch. But they get there regardless!!

RandyDupree

If you were to draw a straight line from where it was kicked to where the ball landed, then there is no way the ball went over the bar.
Anyway, felt the better team lost. Dromore left it behind them. Their defence was immense in the second half.

sidelineball

Don't agree at all, from a neutral pov it seemed like Dromore were getting the easier free calls.

Tyrone2021

Quote from: OrchardOrange on October 16, 2022, 10:16:03 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on October 16, 2022, 08:45:20 PM

Like Culloville in Armagh, Carrickmore are a team that should have no right to be anywhere near any final as their football is pure doirt to watch. But they get there regardless!!

The first game against coalisland we played superb football. Last two games we've played two of the biggest "anti-football" teams in the county. They set up to prevent any sort of football being played, very harsh to criticise our style of football. Don't think our boys will mind going in as underdogs, suits us to the ground

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 16, 2022, 06:11:23 PM

Write us off at your peril!! We will be there on County Final day and let's hope the lads can bring it home to where it rightfully belongs!! Great honest panel of players.
L Mcgarrity and Rory Donnelly excellent on the day - 2 standouts

"Where it rightfully belongs"  ;D :D ::) ::)

cynic

Referee leant heavily to Dromore.  7.25pm Canavan clobbered after he had played the ball, nothing done - so much for the poster above saying a Canavan couldn't be touched, nonsense.  Ref brought Dromore into it with a series of soft decisions, I counted 8 of them throughout the game that were gifts.  Noteworthy that the Tyrone TV commentators only commented on soft decisions for Dromore – on 2 or 3 occasions, the commentators just admitted they were baffled as to what Dromore had got a free for.  Not good when you hear comments like: "not often you'd see them ones given" etc.  As for the comment about Errigal potentially caving on the home straight, I don't see that either – both teams fought well, and Dromore's persistence was of course exemplary, they're a very hard team to win against.  Though it may have been Dromore that had 3 or 4 nervy misses (wides and shorts) – 2 in the first quarter, 2 in the last quarter – though of course whether nerves or terrible conditions hard to say.   Overall, a very good game I thought – either team would have destroyed Clonoe and both teams attacked at pace and in numbers, Dromore number 8 was it – big lad who made a series of tremendous runs – was immense, and of course the 2 Canavan cubs just have that wee bit of extra finesse about how they hit a ball – sometimes, it's like watching the Dad.
Final, hard to say - Carrickmore will be on a roll, and they're a traditional team.  Very tight again I'd say. 

God14

Quote from: cynic on October 17, 2022, 08:05:39 AM
Referee leant heavily to Dromore.  7.25pm Canavan clobbered after he had played the ball, nothing done - so much for the poster above saying a Canavan couldn't be touched, nonsense.  Ref brought Dromore into it with a series of soft decisions, I counted 8 of them throughout the game that were gifts.  Noteworthy that the Tyrone TV commentators only commented on soft decisions for Dromore – on 2 or 3 occasions, the commentators just admitted they were baffled as to what Dromore had got a free for.  Not good when you hear comments like: "not often you'd see them ones given" etc.  As for the comment about Errigal potentially caving on the home straight, I don't see that either – both teams fought well, and Dromore's persistence was of course exemplary, they're a very hard team to win against.  Though it may have been Dromore that had 3 or 4 nervy misses (wides and shorts) – 2 in the first quarter, 2 in the last quarter – though of course whether nerves or terrible conditions hard to say.   Overall, a very good game I thought – either team would have destroyed Clonoe and both teams attacked at pace and in numbers, Dromore number 8 was it – big lad who made a series of tremendous runs – was immense, and of course the 2 Canavan cubs just have that wee bit of extra finesse about how they hit a ball – sometimes, it's like watching the Dad.
Final, hard to say - Carrickmore will be on a roll, and they're a traditional team.  Very tight again I'd say.

Peter Teague. Smashing footballer. Still cant believe the county management asked him to be a corner back & mark a wee nippy forward like Nugent on his debut

clarshack

out of all the people at the ground the umpire at that far post was in the best position to make the decision whether it was a point or wide, and when you watch it again he was quite sure in his decision.