The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: jcpen on January 04, 2023, 11:03:05 AM
Everton in big bother alright. Some seriously bad decisions made the last few seasons between managers and players brought in.

Frank was never the man for the job, was very surprised when he was appointed. Not sure David Moyes is the man to bring back either. First and foremost they need to stay in the Premier League.
Who they hire is gonna be a big call if indeed Frank is sacked.
Maybe someone like Lee Carsley to steady the ship, apparently he is highly thought of in the England set up. Might be a bit much to give him a club like Everton as a first job but I can't see any big names wanting the job.

Unai Emery went to Villa FFS, Pochitino still not available?
;)

Taylor

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2023, 11:22:53 AM
Very bad blood there. Unlikely to happen.

Yes - but the aim for Everton now should be to stay in the PL no matter what

trailer

Dcyhe from who is available is a great shout. I think the change needs to happen before the weekend to maximise the transfer window. They need players to battle to keep them up. They have an awful soft underbelly and just collapse like Spurs.

jcpen

Sean Dcyhe is a good shout. Football wouldn't be pretty but staying in the Premier League is surely more important at this stage.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

quit yo jibbajabba

The Ev fans would fume at Dyche just like they did with Sam then Rafa for different reasons. Hard bunch to keep happy.

In fairness its become a poisoned chalice like the England job in a way. Not exactly a queue to take the job, nearly on a hiding to nothing at this stage

brokencrossbar1

Questionable whether they could afford another pay off for a management team. 

If they did surely it's lined up in the stars for Wayne and Big Dunc to get them revved up and safe?

seafoid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/64172033

No managerial change imminent at Everton

Alistair Magowan

BBC Sport

Everton boss Frank Lampard is set to be in charge for the team's FA Cup tie at Manchester United on Friday.

The former Chelsea boss met with the Everton hierarchy on Wednesday to discuss a 4-1 home loss to Brighton on Tuesday.

Everton have won once in 10 Premier League games and have now slipped into the bottom three on goal difference after results on Wednesday night.

It is understood the club wishes to give Lampard time to turn things around after a more collegiate approach led to his appointment last January. But there are still doubts about his future if results continue in the same vein.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Great news. I was afraid they'd sack him and get the new manager bounce they need to avoid relegation.

bennydorano

SHEEDY

Better performance, though still another loss. Iwobi injury looks a bad one.
nil satis nisi optimum

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnnycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2023, 10:17:59 PM
Better performance, though still another loss. Iwobi injury looks a bad one.

Toothless until DCL came on.
Not sure what Milichenko was at for the first goal, had yer man covered only to take a terrible position as Rashford played it across.
OG's can happen Rashford caused problems all night, but the midfield had the better of the second half in fairness...

RedHand88

Coach welcome against Southampton in January.

Mortifying.

quit yo jibbajabba

Board of Directors instructed by police not to attend todays match due to a credible threat to their safety.

Thats not very Peoples Clubsey 😉😃