Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Jimbop on January 15, 2023, 08:32:20 PM
Should the GAA not intervene to protect the integrity of clubs championships by defining what should constitute a junior and intermediate club rather than letting the individual county boards decide.

Looking at Kerry there's 7 divisions and their "intermediate" champs are top half of division 1 and their "junior" champs are division 4.

Surely that's not right. Tyrone do it the right way. The top 1/3 of clubs are senior championship next 1/3 intermediate then 1/3 is junior.

Completely agree with this.
Living the dream!!!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: UtilityMan on January 10, 2023, 12:27:44 PM
Who will take over the CCC chair now that Sludden is the Chairman? Will it affect the friday night fixtures going forward?
Raymond Monteith new chair of the CCC.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: LC on January 15, 2023, 04:52:11 PM
A few boys on that pitch today looked like they were carrying a bit to much timber.

That's club football and especially at junior level.  Not every one is a county cut athlete.  That's why club football is so great. It takes all shapes,  sizes and abilities.

BrotherMore6592

But stewartstown do always seem to have a few extra pudgies and roly polys

Less time spent at the trough and dans bar or tavern maybe they wouldn't be in junior football alongside their ongoing disciplinary issues they've had for years now.

Chip on the shoulder springs to mind

giveherlong

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 15, 2023, 11:52:28 PM
But stewartstown do always seem to have a few extra pudgies and roly polys

Less time spent at the trough and dans bar or tavern maybe they wouldn't be in junior football alongside their ongoing disciplinary issues they've had for years now.

Chip on the shoulder springs to mind

The men who got extra feeding were some of their better players yesterday

square_ball

Christ sake lads lay off the personal insults on men. I dare say you wouldn't be so brave saying those things if you were standing in the Tavern or Dans Bar today.

trailer

Definite discipline problem in Tyrone football. Imagine swinging that elbow at another person and thinking that behaviour is OK? Could have done all sorts of damage. Stewartstown got what they deserved in the end.

Snapchap

Quote from: Gold on January 15, 2023, 08:17:39 PM
Even compare  the Managers before the match....Fossa manager with humour and smiles laughing away

Then the Clarkes manager asked if they'll be ultra defensive due to Clifford's responded dead serious with a frown:

"No, That's only levelled at us because we're from Tyrone, we'll play football"

No humour, no "we tried to tell the Cliffords the game had been moved to Parnell Park"

As someone who works on and off in Dublin for years they see us as humourless, serious heads and football wise they think Tyrone are prickly,  always have a persecution complex, thugs who are humourless.

As they naturally turn off from the North on the News the only time they hear us in many cases is through Sport.....its actually a bigger issue as its going to be a factor in a Unity referendum.

We need a charm offensive at all levels.....mad as this sounds

Before everyone gets prickly with your backs up, actually think about it. I'll be in Dublin in the morning and lads will be going on about the same shite as always about that game today
Crawler! If you want to live your life trying to become worthy of a bit approval from a crowd of partitionist free staters, then fire away. I think I'll just maintain a healthy "f**k them" approach.

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on January 16, 2023, 08:34:51 AM
Christ sake lads lay off the personal insults on men. I dare say you wouldn't be so brave saying those things if you were standing in the Tavern or Dans Bar today.

I think that's the problem in a nutshell!

skeog

Parading with bottles of Buckfast last night may not have been a good idea.

ClubScene13

Quote from: skeog on January 16, 2023, 11:23:56 AM
Parading with bottles of Buckfast last night may not have been a good idea.

They're on the go 12 months and that's the first defeat they've had. Nowt wrong with a bottle of bo after that campaign.

trueblue1234

Some amount of bitchy, personal comments on here. Few posters would want to catch themselves on ffs.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JuniorBAllstar

Things got out of hand at end of game yesterday for Stewartstown with men getting sent off but the thing that lost Stewartstown that game yesterday was the full back getting sent off for an embarrassingly stupid red card, people will call it a soft red but per the rule book striking's striking no matter how hard or soft the contact was, if he'd have stayed on then I believe stewartstown would have won that game

toby47

There was only 1 bad tackle in the game, a complete over reaction to be talking about how dirty/ugly a game it was. I thought it was a brilliant game, a lot better than the 2nd game.

Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 08:38:51 AM
Definite discipline problem in Tyrone football. Imagine swinging that elbow at another person and thinking that behaviour is OK? Could have done all sorts of damage. Stewartstown got what they deserved in the end.

Don't see how the actions of one club would mean the whole of Tyrone have a discipline problem??
Galbally played the game fairly so going by your logic does that mean that Tyrone football is played fairly by all teams and is well disciplined?