Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Quote from: blackball on October 07, 2013, 03:36:12 PM
Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 03:16:03 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 07, 2013, 01:52:13 PM
Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 01:07:38 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on October 07, 2013, 12:22:37 PM
Completely unfair asking half the panel of each county finalist to play a game 24 hours before the county final. I'm sure panels are stretched enough as it is with injuries, suspensions picked up as the championship has been run off week on week.

Bollocks to that. If they're lucky enough to be in a county final then they can field a reserve team the night before.

That's the f**king problem with fixtures in Tyrone, there is too many excuses not to have them played.

Dont think luck has a pile to do with it. This is coming from the club that couldnt field a senior or reserve team against us this year cause Tyrone minors were playing the following week.

Management decision not mine. Match should have been played. You're only contradicting yourself by calling foul when trillick don't field and then throwing the toys out of the pram when it happens to you. As it has been said how many players does this honestly effect?

It is not about effecting individual players, it is about effecting the team as a whole!
Exactly. Would it be divisive within a panel I wonder? 

trileacman

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 07, 2013, 03:39:53 PM
Completely unfair asking half the panel of each county finalist to play a game 24 hours before the county final. I'm sure panels are stretched enough as it is with injuries, suspensions picked up as the championship has been run off week on week.

Bollocks to that. If they're lucky enough to be in a county final then they can field a reserve team the night before.

That's the f**king problem with fixtures in Tyrone, there is too many excuses not to have them played.

Dont think luck has a pile to do with it. This is coming from the club that couldnt field a senior or reserve team against us this year cause Tyrone minors were playing the following week.

Management decision not mine. Match should have been played. You're only contradicting yourself by calling foul when trillick don't field and then throwing the toys out of the pram when it happens to you. As it has been said how many players does this honestly effect?

On our panel all the subs who haven't been used are of course reserve players, so if they go out on Saturday and get injured then they are of the panel for the Sunday and whatever chance they had of featuring on the biggest day in their club careers to date is gone.

Ifs and buts, one of your lads could get injured in training or at work this week, what are they gonna do, quit work? The CCCC get (rightly) fucked over for not fixing matches and when they do arrange matches for 30+ clubs they're lambasted because it affects 5 lads in 2 clubs.

If your lads are so preoccupied with the "chance they had of featuring on the biggest day in their club careers to date" then don't field for the reserves or else field 15 lads who aren't worried. If it's a straight up choice then surely they won't mind missing out on a reserve championship match for a senior county final.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Up The Middle

Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 04:48:02 PM

On our panel all the subs who haven't been used are of course reserve players, so if they go out on Saturday and get injured then they are of the panel for the Sunday and whatever chance they had of featuring on the biggest day in their club careers to date is gone.

Ifs and buts, one of your lads could get injured in training or at work this week, what are they gonna do, quit work? The CCCC get (rightly) fucked over for not fixing matches and when they do arrange matches for 30+ clubs they're lambasted because it affects 5 lads in 2 clubs.

If your lads are so preoccupied with the "chance they had of featuring on the biggest day in their club careers to date" then don't field for the reserves or else field 15 lads who aren't worried. If it's a straight up choice then surely they won't mind missing out on a reserve championship match for a senior county final.

Jesus Christ what crawled up your ass. Fcukin wise up, did somebody break into your house or something?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Christmas Lights

Reserve football is a shambles in Tyrone in all fairness.  Fair play to all the lads who continue to train away. In our club, we would not have had a reserve game since Saturday 24th august which was 6-7 weeks ago. 

They really need to change the reserve format also, its time to go with what other counties like Fermanagh and I believe Down do and make it a separate league and played on separate days where you can get promoted and relegated from leagues.  It will lead to more competitive action and it could all be played in half the time as you dont really have to worry about starred games and inter county fixtures.  Would highly suit people who just want to play football at reserve level.

I can see why some people get fed up with it, waiting around 6-7 weeks between games is farcical.

There is only so much training you can do before you decide, fcuk this, im going to play soccer or rugby on a Saturday, at least Im guaranteed a match.

Hard to believe that the Fermanagh and Western soccer is a more organised amateur league than the Tyrone gaa club scene.

blewuporstuffed

the same could be said about all club football, the last senior league game was played on the 24th August (the night before the all ireland semi final) and the next one will be the 19th October.Just short of 2 months apart.
God know when they will actually get the league read up, never mind the play-offs played
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

DownFanatic

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 07, 2013, 05:24:09 PM
Reserve football is a shambles in Tyrone in all fairness.  Fair play to all the lads who continue to train away. In our club, we would not have had a reserve game since Saturday 24th august which was 6-7 weeks ago. 

They really need to change the reserve format also, its time to go with what other counties like Fermanagh and I believe Down do and make it a separate league and played on separate days where you can get promoted and relegated from leagues.  It will lead to more competitive action and it could all be played in half the time as you dont really have to worry about starred games and inter county fixtures.  Would highly suit people who just want to play football at reserve level.

I can see why some people get fed up with it, waiting around 6-7 weeks between games is farcical.

There is only so much training you can do before you decide, fcuk this, im going to play soccer or rugby on a Saturday, at least Im guaranteed a match.

Hard to believe that the Fermanagh and Western soccer is a more organised amateur league than the Tyrone gaa club scene.

In Down we have the PRFL Division 1 and PRFL Division 2 plus the East Down Reserve League and the South Down Reserve League.

PRFL games are played at 2pm on a Sunday and East/South Down games are played at 6pm on the same day.

It is a totally separate system from senior football which runs it's games on a Friday night.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 07, 2013, 08:28:01 PM
Urney 1-7 Stewartstown 0-8 full time.

This was the first non Owen Roes Championship game I seen this year, and was a wee bit disappointed with the standard. Urney were going rightly at half time, and went in fairly comfortable. However Stewartstown dominated the second half, but struggled to break down the Urney defence. Nonetheless the Harps had a late, late goal bound effort blocked down that could've seen them nick it.

Eskra looked very good in the first half of their game, and on that showing (Slight and all as it was) would be favorites for me in the final.

Who was the Eskra number 3 (Big full back), and number 8 (Curly haired lad)? Two decent players.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Eskra full back is Scullion , an import from Down.
The midfielder was probably eoin mccaffery
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wee Roddy

Quote from: trileacman on October 07, 2013, 04:48:02 PM

If you believe this then you have not one balls of blue. I will expect some smartarsed remark but I wont be paying any heed to your remarks anymore

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 08, 2013, 12:01:02 AM
Eskra full back is Scullion , an import from Down.
The midfielder was probably eoin mccaffery

Yeah, I think you're right. I was told that the FB was a Down man.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

giveherlong

Just getting round to reading the Tyrone herald this morning
Damian Cassidy said clonoe also have an u21 final coming up. Is that grade 2 as I'm assuming the Greencastle fianna game is grade 1?

clarshack

Quote from: giveherlong on October 08, 2013, 09:41:35 AM
Just getting round to reading the Tyrone herald this morning
Damian Cassidy said clonoe also have an u21 final coming up. Is that grade 2 as I'm assuming the Greencastle fianna game is grade 1?

Greencastle fianna game is grade 2

they are talking about having the G1 minor league final between stewartstown and ardboe as a double header under lights with the G1 u-21 final in the next week or so.

clarshack

disappointed to lose by 2 to urney last night as we kicked several easy chances wide in the 2nd half.  eskra should win the final but then again they have had 4 chances to to get into senior football in the last 9-10 years and haven't taken any of them so far.  will be interesting to see if that is in the back of their heads.

EC Unique

Any word on when the Minor Championship Final is between Errigal and Ardboe? Seems like a long time since the semis!

blewuporstuffed

its unreal that in middle of october we still havent finished the senior,intermediate or junior championships, the minor championship or league , either of the u21 championships or ANY of the senior leagues!!