Meath v Armagh, NFL Div 2, Sunday 31 January, Pairc Tailteann, Navan

Started by BennyCake, January 26, 2016, 05:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Tara Na Rí on January 29, 2016, 11:53:39 PM
Has Jamie Clarke dropped himself off the Armagh panel this year? He gave Keogan a bit of a roasting the last time he was in Navan. No sign of a team sheet from ourselves which is a bit frustrating!

I'm very sorry to do this to you, but consider it an initiation ordeal:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=26578.0

T Fearon

On the basis of that question about Clarke,I expect Tara's next question to be "When did Sean Boylan step down? I never heard!"😂

Tara Na Rí

Quote from: T Fearon on January 30, 2016, 05:28:47 AM
On the basis of that question about Clarke,I expect Tara's next question to be "When did Sean Boylan step down? I never heard!"😂

My next question was going to be "Who's this Seán Boylan lad that's taking over the Meath footballers? Seems to only have a background in hurling, some chancer!"  ;D Thanks guys, the WiFi must be running slow in my part of the country these days!
Meath Are Magic

Orior

Quote from: SimonSays on January 27, 2016, 03:30:08 PM
Looking forward to the game. both teams need to win this. Derry and Tyrone should be the favs for the division but it is a strong division and you could easily get dragged in to a relegation dog fight . dnt know much about Meath but they are bound to give it a good rattle . Armagh badly need strong defenders and a midfielder who can win primary ball. Would expect a big response from Armagh after a poor pre-season campaign. Come on Armagh ,,,give us some hope

It's the hope that pains us the most.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

Half time:
Meath 1-04
Armagh 0-08

Armagh had the wind in the first half.
"A feature of the game has been the accurate and effective tackling by the Armagh backs."
The referee has given Meath some soft frees, according to commentators.
Conditions have worsened in Meath's favour for second half.

Hardy

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

Final score:
Meath 1-10
Armagh 0-08

Armagh failed to score against the wind in the second half. Meath played well but had difficulty in getting scores, by the sound of it.

The referee did Armagh no favours, according to LMFM.

thejuice

To not score in a whole half is fairly shite even against the wind and the ref.

McGeeney out!!

From a Meath point of view it's a good start to the league and hopefully we can build on it. Not sure who we have next but a few teams took a fair beating today in division 2 so it suggests there is some easier prey that we can feed off and hopefully pick up a few points off the big teams.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Oraisteach

That's all fine and good, but don't you think it was poor form that the Meath mentors locked the dressing room from the outside so that the Armagh team couldn't take the field for the second half?

thejuice

We actually got the Dunderry Junior C team to play the second half in Orange bibs. Nobody seemed to notice.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

Armagh weren't so bad in the first half, the Meath goal was walked in because they couldn't chance a point against the wind. Not much imagination from Armagh in the second and of course they end with only 14 for petulance at usual.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sea The Stars

I thought it was a poor game. Meath dealt with the wind the better of the two teams both in terms of profiting from it in the second half and limiting Armagh's dominance in the first. Still though if you take out the frees Armagh actually won the game (Meath won the second half 0-6 to 0-0 with 5 points from frees) and I agree the ref seemed to favour Meath. From a Meath perspective, Donal Keogan was easily the man of the match. Mickey Burke, Padraic Harnan and Harry Rooney had a positive influence too. There seemed to be an edge to Meath in fairness, which is worth pointing out. They weren't going to be bullied at least today. I think Armagh have to improve on that today to stay up. Meath might get away with a similar level performance against Fermanagh but they'll definitely need to improve to be promoted.

No wides

Wind or no wind Armagh just don't have scorers at the minute.