Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Incredible from young Griggs especially after losing his brother recently.

imtommygunn

I think he had more in him too. 817 for 3000 at 16. Crazy

laoislad

Rhasidat Adeleke looks like she is a real talent also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Should be at the olympics. Some good sprint talent coming through. Mc Phillips also a good one.

barelegs

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2021, 08:24:54 AM
I think he had more in him too. 817 for 3000 at 16. Crazy

He had done 8.11 at the Irish U20 championships last month. 14.15PB for the 5k earlier in the year as well. For a lad only training seriously for the last year or so he's bound to be one to keep an eye on. I see a few people who know a lot more about athletics than me reckon he's one of the best Irish athletes at his age they've ever seen

AnGaelGearmanach

See that griggs lad won and his brother passed away not too long ago. What talent

No1

Tommy, what's the craic with Scullion? Attention seeking or genuine issues about his on/off Olympics appearance?

imtommygunn

I wouldn't want to play down mental health issues but I would have my doubts about him No1. I would stray into thinking the attention seeking category tbh but who can be sure.

I saw him on some controversy with some Dennehy article on twitter yesterday where some boy was questioning his comments about the troubles etc in the early noughties and he was none too pleased. Controversy never seems too far away from him.

Hugely talented.

Boycey

Maybe it's been on before but I've not seen it...

The documentary currently on Sky Documentaries about Kipchoges sub two hour marathon attempt is some watch. Incredible feat of organisation not to mention his supreme talent obviously....

SHEEDY

Absolute sh*t show in Belfast today for the bag collection for tomorrows marathon, people queuing for over 2 hours in the cold, hardly ideal preparation for any runners. The queue stretched right down ormeau embankment when I was leaving, hearing the people who arrived a bit later were queuing for over 3 hours, total disgrace from the organisers.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Speedy they are a bunch of cowboys. It is just one thing after another after another with them. They don't care because they will never be held to account for it.

RedHand88

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 02, 2021, 04:09:28 PM
Absolute sh*t show in Belfast today for the bag collection for tomorrows marathon, people queuing for over 2 hours in the cold, hardly ideal preparation for any runners. The queue stretched right down ormeau embankment when I was leaving, hearing the people who arrived a bit later were queuing for over 3 hours, total disgrace from the organisers.

Not surprised. Compared to Dublin or London it is a complete and utterly travesty. Expect to see hundreds of relay runners standing in the rain waiting on shuttle buses back to Ormeau. And if you don't know where to go, don't expect any help from Janty in the high-vis.

imtommygunn

The more you read about it the more you think the organisers are just a bunch of crooks.

laoislad

Wasn't there problems with Belfast before? Was it there that had the course measured wrong?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

The last one was long. It was supposedly a wrong turn by the lead car rather than the course being measured wrong.