American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Some scoring by the Vikings in that last quarter.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

oakleaflad

Frank Gore moved to 4th all time rushing yards today. Great pro. Big Ben moved to 7th all time passing yards too, eclipsing Elway.

Minder

Couple of kickers getting cut tomorrow
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

the Vikings kicker will be the first to be cut :'(. He just is not a natural kicker. They can bring in Forbath and Bailey for a trial during the week and keep the best one. They can move Carlson the rookie kicker to the practice sqquad if they want.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 16, 2018, 09:57:43 PM
the Vikings kicker will be the first to be cut :'(. He just is not a natural kicker. They can bring in Forbath and Bailey for a trial during the week and keep the best one. They can move Carlson the rookie kicker to the practice sqquad if they want.

And i am walloping you in fantasy Pat into the bargain !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: Minder on September 16, 2018, 10:25:46 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 16, 2018, 09:57:43 PM

And i am walloping you in fantasy Pat into the bargain !

That is because I have stupid Rodgers at qb.

Oraisteach

It is so satisfying to be a Browns fan.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 17, 2018, 12:35:14 AM

You couldn't make it up what happened today.  I think everyone could see it coming after the interception in fourth.

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 17, 2018, 12:35:14 AM

I liked the article on Deadspin - "Saints first team to beat Browns in 37 weeks"

lurganblue

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 16, 2018, 09:16:17 PM
Some scoring by the Vikings in that last quarter.

The very late timeout on the packers kick in normal time was sneaky but effective.

AZOffaly

My God the Cardinals are horrendous. Worse than even I thought. It may well be a race between themselves and the Bills for the #1 pick.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
My God the Cardinals are horrendous. Worse than even I thought. It may well be a race between themselves and the Bills for the #1 pick.

Yeah it's going to be a grim year for you!

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on September 17, 2018, 01:33:42 PM

Actually I have years of experience of this. It's only relatively recently the Cardinals became a team where 8 wins was disappointing :) You find bright spots where you can, so I'm hoping Johnson starts to round into form a bit (it would help if the Coordinator designed plays which let him catch the ball on short routes in space), Chase Edmonds shows a spark, Christian Kirk continues to develop and maybe even a cameo from Rosen. I also want to see the defense continue to develop.

I'd take 4-12 at this stage, but it may be more like 2-14.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Giants aren't too far behind if they can't fix the O-Line

oakleaflad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2018, 02:01:57 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 17, 2018, 01:33:42 PM

Actually I have years of experience of this. It's only relatively recently the Cardinals became a team where 8 wins was disappointing :) You find bright spots where you can, so I'm hoping Johnson starts to round into form a bit (it would help if the Coordinator designed plays which let him catch the ball on short routes in space), Chase Edmonds shows a spark, Christian Kirk continues to develop and maybe even a cameo from Rosen. I also want to see the defense continue to develop.

I'd take 4-12 at this stage, but it may be more like 2-14.
Would you put Rosen in behind that O-Line? Bradford has looked poor but you have to weigh up the damage that could be done to Rosen too. Not an easy situation. Of course, Bradford could get injured at any time and that might force their hand.