NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Looking at unchallenged Larries running all round the place brought back some nightmare memories of Clones/Crossmaglen/Parnell Park in 2008 or the awful hammering by Cavan in 2010.
Longford have a lot of nice forwards and if you let them play by God they will play. Against a team like that defenders have to be in their faces all the time.
Midfield was a virtual wipe out and it was galling to see the big Larry - McElvany - score 2 or three long range points without a yellow jersey in sight. Kavanagh and McCormack got an awful lot of space too and we could have conceded a few goals in that second half.

Nothing worse at a game watching on helpless knowing it's drifting away from you. Enda Kenny (our player) was sitting behind me yesterday & even he was shouting put a challenge/tackle in.

That game is gone now i have given my honest opinions. We need to bounce back from defeat on Sunday & Syferus i too have faith in the players.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

panc56

So that's 3 out of 3! 2nd half performance was excellent, when this team click they can go on a scoring spree. Sligo away is a different game entirely, a more hardened outfit. Getting a result could be huge. Good Luck to the 21s on Wed.

Onlooker

Tipperary team to play Cavan in Thurles on Sunday -:
Matthew O'Donnell, Andrew Morrissey, Paddy Codd, Ciaran McDonald, Lorcan Egan, Tommy Ryan, Robbie Kiely, Brian Jones, Eoin Ryan, Sean Carey, Philip Austin, Peter Acheson, Conor Sweeney, Shane Ryan, Barry Grogan.  I presume that the Under 21 players were not considered because of the Munster Championship game v. Kerry next Wednesday.  This is a must win game for Tipp as far as avoiding relegation to Div, 4 is concerned.   A win would give us a fighting chance (no more than that) of staying in Div. 3.   John Evans has made 3 changes from the team beaten by Wexford, but only 1 change in the defence that conceded 2-20 in Wexford Park.   I don't feel at all optimistic about this game and it is probably just as well that Seanie Johnston will be absent.

Keane

Roscommon team to play Antrim just named, still missing a few:

1. Geoffrey Claffey (C)

2. Seán McDermott
3. Neil Collins
4. Stephen Ormsby

5. Ian Kilbride
6. Niall Daly
7. Seán Purcell

8. Michael Finneran
9. Kevin Higgins

10. David Keenan
11. Cathal Cregg
12. Brian Murtagh

13. Conor Devaney
14. Ger Heneghan
15. Donie Shine

Syferus

Domincan is taking a couple months out to be fresh for the championship, so he's out of the immediate equation. It's a wonder Senan isn't starting but perhaps management are just being careful not to over-work him, the last thing we need is a recurrence of a hamstring injury after he's found - mostly - fiitess over the last 18 months. I'd really hope they throw him on if the game is close with 15-20 minutes to go, this game is essential if we're to be promoted. I'd have preferred Mannion over Higgins too because Higgins have been very anonymous in the middle and routinely kicks Seamie O'Neil-style wild shots that are as likely to hit the corner flag as the goal. If someone could get him to play his team-mates into position better he'd be a good player as he's got all the physical attributes required.

ross4life

Doesn't make much sense to be unchanged.Senan Kilbride,Mannion would have brought much needed experienced while Kilroy,Compton,McDermott would have given us more scoring power.

I trust the management on this one & as they say no two games are the same so here's hoping we bounce straight back from defeat this Sunday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Roscommon is a good test for antrim on sunday. It'll show how far we've come on/not come on as they have a number of very good players in their team.

Still hopeful we can beat them though. It'll tell a lot in the promotion stakes who wins this.

Once again the teams promoted from 4 seem to be flying in 3. Wll Longford at least - sunday will tell for roscommon...

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2012, 05:30:34 PM
Roscommon is a good test for antrim on sunday. It'll show how far we've come on/not come on as they have a number of very good players in their team.

Still hopeful we can beat them though. It'll tell a lot in the promotion stakes who wins this.

Once again the teams promoted from 4 seem to be flying in 3. Wll Longford at least - sunday will tell for roscommon...

Roscommon on paper is superior to Antrim, we have 20 Connacht titles and have performed well on the national stage. It depends how heavy are the legs, the Ros are in serious training at the moment.

Rossfan

The past is irrelevant for Sunday's game.
Just because Antrim never won a Connacht Title doesnt mean we can beat them. ::)
Only way we will win is if we're better than them on the day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghranger12

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2012, 06:14:37 PM
The past is irrelevant for Sunday's game.
Just because Antrim never won a Connacht Title doesnt mean we can beat them. ::)
Only way we will win is if we're better than them on the day.

Last time i checked Antrim wasnt in Connacht. did i miss something ? :P

Rossfan

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 09, 2012, 05:56:58 PM
]
RRoscommon on paper is superior to Antrim, we have 20 Connacht titles .

Just taking my cue from this post..... ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Buswhacker

Which is the tougher, the Ulster or the Connacht championship..........Antrim have 10 Ulster titles but have no Connacht titles !!!

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 09, 2012, 06:55:43 PM
Which is the tougher, the Ulster or the Connacht championship..........Antrim have 10 Ulster titles but have no Connacht titles !!!

Connacht is

imtommygunn

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 09, 2012, 05:56:58 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2012, 05:30:34 PM

Roscommon on paper is superior to Antrim, we have 20 Connacht titles and have performed well on the national stage. It depends how heavy are the legs, the Ros are in serious training at the moment.

On paper on the basis of what - history? History means nowt.

Not sure how far we've come on with Baker but this is a good test.

Syferus

Ah jayus lads, the only fools are the ones falling for the painfully obvious baiting.