All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

I tuned into Matt Cooper yesterday hoping to hear a glowing review of the AICF and what do him and Martin Carney spend the whole time talking about - Mayo v Dublin, absolutely scandalous, so little respect for a wonderful team and competition - Jesus the media is so Dublin centric its unbelievable

DuffleKing

In fairness berfa, outside of armagh + wmeath national league games probably carried more interest for the majority.

Throw ball

Although I agree Duffle this says more about the gaa and media promotion than the merits of the competition.

stew

Quote from: Jinxy on April 02, 2012, 11:17:33 PM
A team like Kilmacud Crokes with all their players could beat Cross.
They beat them once already and I don't they had a full team out when they lost to Cross the last time they met.

Any team can be beaten from time to time, Cross players get injured as well you know, were the hell were Crokes on St Patricks day, I will tell you where they where, sitting on their arses in front of the TV watching Cross, they were not good enough to be there this year, Cross were and without doubt the best team in Ireland, period, end of!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mountainboii

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
They beat them once already and I don't they had a full team out when they lost to Cross the last time they met.

Any team can be beaten from time to time, Cross players get injured as well you know, were the hell were Crokes on St Patricks day, I will tell you where they where, sitting on their arses in front of the TV watching Cross, they were not good enough to be there this year, Cross were and without doubt the best team in Ireland, period, end of!

Calm down, ffs. Nowhere does Jinxy suggest that Cross were not the best team in the country this year. He simply suggests that Kilmacud Crokes could be a strong challenger to Cross in the future. This is a wholly reasonable point considering the bother Crokes, and other Dublin clubs, have caused Cross in the recent past.

stew

Quote from: AFS on April 04, 2012, 06:06:43 PM
Quote from: stew on April 04, 2012, 03:14:23 PM

Any team can be beaten from time to time, Cross players get injured as well you know, were the hell were Croke's on St Patricks day, I will tell you where they where, sitting on their arses in front of the TV watching Cross, they were not good enough to be there this year, Cross were and without doubt the best team in Ireland, period, end of!

Calm down, ffs. Nowhere does Jinxy suggest that Cross were not the best team in the country this year. He simply suggests that Kilmacud Crokes could be a strong challenger to Cross in the future. This is a wholly reasonable point considering the bother Crokes, and other Dublin clubs, have caused Cross in the recent past.

I was calm, I just thought he was being disingenuous, Cross have had trouble with the Og's and Dromintee, two teams from armagh over the years, the fact that they have had trouble with clubs that happen to be from Dublin is a moot point, a fair few teams have given them a rough time, Crokes being one of them. The thing is teams rarely are at full strength, injuries happen, the difference between Cross and other teams is that they find a way to overcome injuries to key players whilst other teams cant.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ballymac

Armagh supporters in general are very proud of Crossmaglens' achievements, and rightly so. The whole county gets behind this club, I am not sure that the same would be said of other counties. But when you look at the potential 'newcomers' to their crown most of the clubs that would be considered would have a much larger population/membership to choose from. For Crossmaglen to keep this team winning AI championships and blooding new players and keeping the standards required, if not raising them is nothing short of spectacular.

This does come at a price for Armagh county football during the NL and has probably a negative effect on the championship as there are probably only one or two teams within Armagh who have a chance of beating Cross. This is maybe true of other counties but too a much lesser extent. Cross have dominated the championship in ARMAGH and with their current team will continue to do so.

The secret of their success, well only they know, but I would to bottle it and bring it to my club.

armaghniac

QuoteThe secret of their success, well only they know,

Tony McEntee inadvertently revealed all in his interview with the Irish News.

• mark your man
  • win the ball
  • kick it to a forward
  • he scores
  • mark your man for the kickout
  • goto 2 - repeat for 60 mins
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B