Kevin Cassidy is in bother with the boss.

Started by orangeman, November 08, 2011, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

have we kissed and made up, IN twitter would seam to hint that

irishnewssport Irish News Sport

In Irish News tmro: Kevin Cassidy has hinted that his inter-county with Donegal may not be over after all
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

donegal_abu

Quote from: gerry on January 03, 2012, 11:01:32 PM
have we kissed and made up, IN twitter would seam to hint that

irishnewssport Irish News Sport

In Irish News tmro: Kevin Cassidy has hinted that his inter-county with Donegal may not be over after all

Heres hoping they have !!! But it could just be Cassidy saying he would return, but theres no gaurantee Jim would take him!! I hope they can put their differences behind them though

squire_in_navy_slacks

Jesus between twitter and facebook alot of gaa players are coming across as right tits.....................................cassidy is forever spouting on twitter.................steaks pints no sprints or balls etc, likewise a cple of the dubs lads........................think mcguiness is spot on, I for one am hoping gilroy puts a ban on facebook and twitter for the season ahead.................

mylestheslasher

If he were allowed back he'd probably have to pay a penance of some sort. Maybe 10 lashes from all the players followed by a 40 mile run. To finish he would then need to put piercings in his nipples and hang McFadden and Michael Murphy out of them for the week. That would probably do it.

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 04, 2012, 09:57:53 PM
If he were allowed back he'd probably have to pay a penance of some sort. Maybe 10 lashes from all the players followed by a 40 mile run. To finish he would then need to put piercings in his nipples and hang McFadden and Michael Murphy out of them for the week. That would probably do it.

Sure that's the regular session they do the night before a game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

donegal_abu

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on January 04, 2012, 08:27:53 PM
Jesus between twitter and facebook alot of gaa players are coming across as right tits.....................................cassidy is forever spouting on twitter.................steaks pints no sprints or balls etc, likewise a cple of the dubs lads........................think mcguiness is spot on, I for one am hoping gilroy puts a ban on facebook and twitter for the season ahead.................

Cant say I agree with facebook or twitter bans. Players are only normal people at the end of the day, why shouldnt they be allowed to use social networks like the rest of us ? They aren't being paid at the end of the day

thewobbler

I guarantee that the same people who complain about GAA players having a social life, are also the same people who complain about football being boring these days, with too much emphasis on fitness over skill. They also don't understand why one is the cause of the other.

orangeman

Jim has took the hump with TG4 now and last Sunday apparently did not allow his players to speak with them during the "live" deferred broadcast.

He was asked the last day about the row with Kevin Cassidy and obviously Jim has decided not to further indulge TG4.

He's going well now.

spuds

Quote from: orangeman on March 07, 2012, 05:49:42 PM
Jim has took the hump with TG4 now and last Sunday apparently did not allow his players to speak with them during the "live" deferred broadcast.

He was asked the last day about the row with Kevin Cassidy and obviously Jim has decided not to further indulge TG4.

He's going well now.
McGuinness gets rid of Gweedore's Kevin Cassidy, Kilcar's Michael Hegarty retires, now no communicating with TG4. Maybe McGuinness thinks all the players should focus on one language. McGee brothers not too hot at the gaeilge ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Syferus

So how does one go about getting a Donegal man a Roscommon address? Ahem.

Syferus

I remember back around 2000 Roscommon and Donegal played a challenge match to celebrate the opening of the new stand at Michael Glavey's in Ballinlough and after losing the game Big Jim stormed off immediately and wouldn't accept some sort of medal or award they were giving all the players, the only one to do so.

Rationality and perspective aren't his strong suits.

DuffleKing

I have a good laugh at a lot of Jim's carry on but in this he is right. TG4 basically stood him a couple of feet from Cassidy - looked like neither expected it - and asked him deliberately provocitive questions about the player.
McGuinness hard to concentrate very hard not to make eye contact with Cassidy while the overhead camera (which they never have and demonstrate the forethought) shows Cassidy squirming and looking anywhere but at the interview.
It was a very cheap shot

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 08, 2012, 07:08:26 AM

I have a good laugh at a lot of Jim's carry on but in this he is right. TG4 basically stood him a couple of feet from Cassidy - looked like neither expected it - and asked him deliberately provocitive questions about the player.
McGuinness hard to concentrate very hard not to make eye contact with Cassidy while the overhead camera (which they never have and demonstrate the forethought) shows Cassidy squirming and looking anywhere but at the interview.
It was a very cheap shot

Was that not the camera they have up the back of the stand/terrace that they always have?

McGuinness is being pernickety again and trying to build a siege mentality, which is a bit early in the year if you ask me.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

It was a very cheap shot

Actually you can see that the whole thing was a set up. See Cassidy's left hand going into his pocket and re-emerging out of the interviewer's left shoulder and pushing the mic, aggressively, into McGuinness' face. I spoke to a (very drunk) physio first year and she told me this stretching of the left arm was possible. Look at the other interviewer's left arm, it is clearly a fake.

Also, look, there are no shadows! We all know what no shadows mean, don't we? The final nail in the coffin though is that both interviewers are wearing the same military style jackets with epaulettes for their stripes!!! I suspect the photo was cut at the bottom so we can't see their jack-boots.

Definitely a total set up.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 08, 2012, 10:03:39 AM

It was a very cheap shot

Was that not the camera they have up the back of the stand/terrace that they always have?

McGuinness is being pernickety again and trying to build a siege mentality, which is a bit early in the year if you ask me.
Would he not be better off managing Derry ?