TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Great ball in for the goal whoever it was. Fair play to them. Turgid stuff but they wont give a jot. Great ending

Captain Obvious

Winning the All Ireland final without playing that well offensively and hoynevalley trying his best to jinx Kilcoo is good going. A badly needed boost for Down football.

Newbridge Exile

That will be hard to stomach for Kilmacud  but personally I am so delighted for Mickey Moran ,

Baile an tuaigh

Kilcoo have been in some photo finishes the whole Championship. Was there ever a team to win an All Ireland with so many draws and extras times I'd love to know.

They should have been a few points up early on but had some bad missis but over the course of the game they clawed their way back.

So impressive to see small parishes winning the All Ireland a great day for the neutrals.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on February 12, 2022, 07:08:13 PM
Incredible from Kilcoo and they deserved it.

With their shot selection / execution for large periods and a few of their bigger hitters not showing up, the fluke goal, they definitely didn't deserve it, but deserve has nothing to do with it. They won and that's the main thing.

befair

Great win; dug out the victory despite not playing well. Well-deserved

yellowcard

Very poor quality contest, Kilmacud dominated until a freak Kilcoo goal then they went into their shell and Kilcoo grew in belief. They then lost the game for a second time by overplaying the ball in their own defence and Kilcoo capitalised in dramatic fashion. The ultimate smash and grab but Kilcoo won't care one jot. It's a great achievement for a small rural club, they have dominated Down football for a decade and more recently Ulster club football. Now they have finally reached the pinnacle and it was well deserved on their cumulative efforts even if it was a poor display on the day

Orior

Well done Kilcoo. A never give up attitude - and perhaps the difference was the managers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

So many games on today!! Looking forward to both these games, fancy Ballygunner, they seem to be on a mission and for me Ballyhale have used up so many of their lives during this year's campaign, but they have it in their locker to click.

Kilcoo should, should win today, though I didn't fancy Kilmacud to get to the final they have a punchers chance, maybe another draw and win in extra time for Kilcoo but I feel it's their year

I'm not going to say I told you so!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Unbelievable finishes to both finals today!

grounded

Frantic end to both full and extra time. Kilcoo played really poorly but still managed to get over the line.
      For their part, Kilmacud definitely had their homework done on Kilcoo and were able to mostly nullify some of Kilcoo's key attackers.They should have won.
       Kilcoo won't give a sh#te what anyone thinks of them. They've been aiming for this for a long time and personally,  i thought with the all Ireland club champiinship being cancelled last year, that their chance had gone.
     No way. They are hard bate. 

thebuzz

Kilcoo missed so much stuff in the first 15 minutes. They shouldn't have needed the flukey goal to keep them in it. Fair play to them for their never say die attitude. When Kilmacud went two points ahead I was so sure it was over.

general_lee

Well done to Kilcoo. Far from their best but even when other teams would have folded they kept at it. Everything seemed to be going wrong for them in the first half and up until the goal - lucky yes but you make your own luck. Kilmacud didn't turn the screw and feel a bit for their goalie.

armaghniac

Kilamacud needed to remain calm when 2 points ahead in the second half of extra time, but the goalie booted the ball upfield to nobody in particular and Kilcoo came back down for the goal.

It is possible to imagine that Mannion might have got Kilamacud another point, had he been available.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

The more you play/train the luckier you get, have it recorded will watch second half, but first half thought they were dead and buried
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea